Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : How to make money?
 HeritageKennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/30/2014 10:05:11 AM reply with quote send message to HeritageKennel Object to Post   

My bank account is slowly but surely draining. And I don't see a way to earn money. I tried selling puppies but they didn't sell. I show and occasionally make some money but not enough to cover the cost of the entries & food. I'd like to figure out how to make some before I get in the hole. Thanks
 griffin
Basic User

Basic User
3/30/2014 10:11:29 AM reply with quote send message to griffin Object to Post

Selling sessions.
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
3/30/2014 5:56:51 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

The main aim is managing your money rather than making lots of it.
As a standard kennel u can change how many sessions you get a day. The more sessions the less salary you get so u need to decide what is best for you more salary or more sessions.

As above u can sell sessions you don't want.

Puppy sales and stud use brings in money too. Make sure u don't over price them and if wanted advertise them in the dogs fir sale and breed forums.

There are some show payouts but not much generally.

To save money
don't keep retired dogs or dogs you won't be breeding or showing they will cost u money to feed.

Feed any males it not showing on the cheap oldboy food as there condition does not effect the pups condition like bitches condition does.

Pick the right food for your dogs, you habe does your not seasoning on a 1777 custom mix that will cost alot to feed so don't waste your money using it. Once dogs your seasoning reach 20 for condition, coat and muscle tone swap to pet house as that will hold there stats.
If u wAnt to get a bitches condition up but don't plan to show just use a ration for condition not the 1777 as a 1711 ration will cost alot less

Also be picky on who you session and show. If you try to do many dogs at once u will be using up alot of money

Don't show dogs untill fully seasoned as they are at a disadvantage to fully seasoned dogs so can waste your entry fee

When u entre a show make sure to see if a judge likes owner handlers or not, if they don't pick the best handlers possible (generaly the highly ranked on the judges fav list).

-----
Last edited by PPvallhunds on 3/30/2014 5:59:24 PM

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.