Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Max number of pregnancies?
 Ariege
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/11/2014 11:25:14 PM reply with quote send message to Ariege Object to Post   

is there a negative effect when you have too many pregnancies? Will one of them abort? Can't seem to find anything in the help/rules section ...
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
4/11/2014 11:35:59 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

You're allowed 10 pregnancies max. If you breed an 11th bitch, one of the litters will abort.
 Estrella Havanese
Basic User

Basic User
4/12/2014 12:30:51 PM reply with quote send message to Estrella Havanese Object to Post

posted by Lilliput
You're allowed 10 pregnancies max. If you breed an 11th bitch, one of the litters will abort.
I just came to post a question about this and found your response. Has this changed? I accidentally bred an 11th litter, about three days ago, and I still have 11 pregnancies in that kennel....
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
4/12/2014 1:08:30 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

I don't think it's change, it shouldn't have.

It will remind you off the 10 litter limit if you try to breed an 11th if you go one way (through the bitches page maybe? - I've only had that many litters a few times!) but you can get around it with no reminder a few other ways- like breeding off your kennel page, or from the stud page I think.

However, the "extra" litters SHOULD still cause litters to be aborted until you are back within the 10 litter limit.
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
4/12/2014 9:09:49 PM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

I bred 11 bitches and it only warned me that I had too many pregnancies AFTER the 11th bitch was mated, when I was about to mate a 12th bitch.

So I had 11 pregnancies - and a few of the litters dropped today - none of them aborted.

So I don't know if that rule still applies?

Rij

(Ariege, Dalkeith, Quileute Legends, Chaos and havoc, Northern Lightz)
 Estrella Silkies
Basic User

Basic User
4/13/2014 10:01:33 AM reply with quote send message to Estrella Silkies Object to Post

Very odd....the puppy gods must be in our favor...

Replies in this thread : 5

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.