Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 20

Author Topic : Introducing.......(NSDTR)
 Bay Breeze
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/24/2014 3:59:56 PM reply with quote send message to Bay Breeze Object to Post   

KENAI! After about 8 years of dreaming and hoping the timing was finally right and I was able to get my first Toller. He's 11 weeks today and doing great. He is on Co-own and will be dabbling in conformation, agility, obed., rally, and hopefully anything else he shows aptitude for.

Bay Breeze
Basic User

Basic User
5/24/2014 4:02:24 PM reply with quote send message to Bay Breeze Object to Post

And for those of you whom might remember I still have my old girl Surf who was my 4-H dog as a kid. She is 14yrs now and still truckin along.
here they are together in a nice little film strip! lol.

Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/25/2014 12:33:55 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

So cute!! I hope he grows up big and strong and a big winner!
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2014 2:36:04 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

Congratulations on your new family member! What a cute little guy!

Have to ask...are the call name and registered name inspired by Disney's Brother Bear?
 Black Rhapsody
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2014 4:05:39 PM reply with quote send message to Black Rhapsody Object to Post

Such a cute puppy!! Congrats! laugh :D
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2014 5:46:02 PM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

Yep - loving the name theme - Brother Bear is one of my all time fave Disney movies! happy :)
 Bay Breeze
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2014 7:58:44 PM reply with quote send message to Bay Breeze Object to Post

Yes. that is what I named him after happy :)
 Bay Breeze
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2014 8:01:54 PM reply with quote send message to Bay Breeze Object to Post

Here are some stacked pics I attempted yesterday at 11wks. I apologize for their size. Also this was my first attempt at ever stacking a puppy and I had no helper :/

Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
5/26/2014 1:05:48 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

So happy for you! He is adorable! I look forward to watching him grow.
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/26/2014 9:09:35 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Awwww, isn't he cute! Love that little face happy :).

Best of luck to all involved!

Alexandria
 Bay Breeze
Basic User

Basic User
6/8/2014 7:08:33 PM reply with quote send message to Bay Breeze Object to Post

He's growing up!

13 wks 1 day.

-BB
 Windsong Hills
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2014 12:19:05 PM reply with quote send message to Windsong Hills Object to Post

How pretty! It looks like he'll be a good one for you, as well as an awesome home dog I'm sure.

Windy
 Windsong Hills
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2014 12:19:07 PM reply with quote send message to Windsong Hills Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Double post, sorry!

-----
Last edited by Windsong Hills on 6/9/2014 12:20:35 PM
 Windsong Hills
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2014 12:19:08 PM reply with quote send message to Windsong Hills Object to Post

How pretty! It looks like he'll be a good one for you, as well as an awesome home dog I'm sure.

Windy
 Bay Breeze
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2014 6:36:30 PM reply with quote send message to Bay Breeze Object to Post

thanks guys. I've never stacked a puppy before, and never on a table either. I know he won't be on one in the ring, but it seems helpful when trying to take pics by myself.

Any tips or helpful critiques as far a showing and presentation would be appreciated. I will be trying to find a handling class nearby. Found one for puppies, but is during the workday sad :(

BB
 Whovian Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/3/2014 11:26:00 PM reply with quote send message to Whovian Kennels Object to Post

Cute puppy!!

One thing I might suggest, when you bait him, bait him with his head aiming down lower (I know its hard in a puppy, but as you get him trained, work on this). That will elongate his neck, and make his neck/shoulder transition look nice and smooth. If his head is held too high/too far back then it can make him appear ewe-necked

hope that helps happy :)
 Bay Breeze
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2014 10:48:50 PM reply with quote send message to Bay Breeze Object to Post

Some updates in case anyone is interested in Tollers.

He is everything I hoped for in a Toller and I love him to pieces. We have started our intro to puppy agility class and he has been shown twice. Here are some recent pictures of him at 6-7 months old:

BB
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2014 1:18:52 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

What a smile he has. So gorgeous!
 MindSett Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2014 3:58:06 AM reply with quote send message to MindSett Meadows Object to Post

He's coming along beautifully Congrats on the win.
 FowlShot
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2014 9:58:08 AM reply with quote send message to FowlShot Object to Post

Congrats on your successes thus far! Really cute boy, very typey Toller head... you'll have some fun with him, especially once he matures happy :)
 GraceInGlory
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/20/2014 11:47:43 AM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post

He's looking so grown up! Gorgeous boy.

Replies in this thread : 20

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.