.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 40
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
7/28/2014 1:41:57 AM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

Interesting, I really like Selene and think she looks best, but admittedly haven't read the standard. Who is your pick, or how have you evaluated them as someone who knows the breed?
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

Basic User
7/28/2014 4:39:20 PM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post

My pick is Raven. Griffin would be the pick male except for his markings. Griffin is going to an amazing home where he will be kept intact and a therapy dog.

Selene is nice but she is very much like her mother, with the same faults as her mother. Raven is a nice combination of her mother and her father.
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

Basic User
7/28/2014 5:21:15 PM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post

Here are some updated photos of them at nearly 10 weeks old

Hank (Boy #1)

Griffin (Boy #2)

Selene (Girl #1)

Raven (Girl #2) - my keeper
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
7/28/2014 5:22:32 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

Griffin is still very much my favorite, even though I know he has a disqualifying fault.
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
7/28/2014 7:23:31 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

Interesting, in the updated pics, I'd pick Raven too, they sure do change in just a few weeks!
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/28/2014 9:29:11 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

I like Raven a lot too! happy :)

Alexandria
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

Basic User
8/20/2015 11:31:50 AM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post

I know that this post is old but I can't believe that my babies will be 15 months old tomorrow.

I thought I should update everybody on it.

Currently here are the things that this litter has accomplished so far: 1 UKC CH, 1 UKC Major pointed dog, 1 CGC, 1 Service Dog in Training, 1 Therapy Dog in Training (taking his CGCA and TDI next month) and the current #2 Hamiltonstovare in UKC rankings.

Here are the 2 girls that I kept:

Raven (CH Oceania Wit Beyond Measure) - Current #2 Hamiltonstovare in UKC rankings & Service Dog in Training

Selene (Oceania Use Any Means) - UKC major pointed, starting agility training soon
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/20/2015 2:37:15 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Wow does time fly!

They are absolutely gorgeous!

ETA: It's cool to see how much the girls have changed from 10 weeks to almost 15 months!

-----
Last edited by Treestand Kennel on 8/20/2015 2:48:00 PM
 Nouveau
Basic User

Basic User
8/20/2015 3:48:43 PM reply with quote send message to Nouveau Object to Post

Nice puppies! I really like the pigment and markings on them.
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

Basic User
8/20/2015 4:16:13 PM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post

Thanks, I am overly critical of my girls and I think they are in the weird teenage stage right now where they look weedy and just different. When I compare them to how they look at 10 weeks, it is very hard to believe that they were ever that small.
 MudBug Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/20/2015 8:45:44 PM reply with quote send message to MudBug Kennels Object to Post

Raven, my love! I do think she is your keeper. But you know I'm partial to her!

Selene is trying to sneak her way in though!

It's been so interesting watching these two girls grow. Can't wait to see them in a couple years.

MudBugs
 kiroja
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/21/2015 1:37:30 AM reply with quote send message to kiroja Object to Post

Congratulations! What a neat breed. I think I've seen you at a show? Good luck with them!
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

Basic User
8/21/2015 8:03:43 AM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post

Thanks, Selene has a way of slowly growing on you, hence why she never left.

I show mainly in UKC shows in Virginia and NC, I participate at Meet the Breeds events in NYC and sometimes do the AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Day in Raleigh, NC.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/21/2015 2:43:42 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Wow! They are so precious! Where are you from and how much does a puppy cost?
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

Basic User
8/21/2015 3:30:24 PM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post

Thanks, I am from Virginia and generally my puppies are $2000 - $3000. My next litter is going to be around the $2500 mark as it involves the mother of this litter and a Swedish sire. Feel free to look at my kennel website: www.oceaniahamilton.com
 kiroja
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/21/2015 4:40:01 PM reply with quote send message to kiroja Object to Post

Hmm, did you go to Premier at all? I have only shown in VA and NC once and it was several years ago. I think this was a more recent sighting lol.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/21/2015 5:40:07 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

I live in Northern Virginia happy :) Your puppies are gorgeous but, uh, truthfully very far out of my price range. Maybe someday when I have money...aha!
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

Basic User
8/21/2015 6:35:07 PM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post

I have never been to Premier but I am planning on going next year as I will have Top Ten for Hamiltonstovare and my fiance's Teddy Roosevelt Terrier is the current #1 Class C Drag Racer, so we have all-stars to do. I've been showing in the VA area for about 5 years with my Hamiltons, but I showed Beagles, Great Danes and some rare spaniels (Clumbers and Fields) since 1998. We are going to the Beltsville shows in Maryland next weekend.

If you are seriously interested in learning more about the breed, send me a message through my site's contact page. My prices are negotiable for those that I build up a relationship with prior to.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/22/2015 8:52:01 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Good to know. Right now I'm not planning to buy a puppy anywhere (I just adopted a couple of dogs) but someday I totally will talk to you!
 GraceInGlory
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/22/2015 9:41:25 AM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post

They have grown into beautiful young ladies!

Replies in this thread : 40
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.