.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Need a new breed
 Lumen
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/3/2014 5:34:15 PM reply with quote send message to Lumen Object to Post   

Hi all,
I need new breed for my family acct. I would like a breed that is in need, places in groups, is not TOO competitive, and sales and stud prices not too crazy expensive. I would love to hear some ideas!
 Kievan Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2014 5:45:21 PM reply with quote send message to Kievan Kennels Object to Post

Sounds like Smooth Fox Terriers. Breed entries are a hit and miss so I am sessioning what I can. Sometimes majors end up in one show but I'd like to change that. Group placements are frequent though. Example:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13250924

All studs are mostly $25-$50 but sales are less common but you can contact other breeders. I can also let go of some broods.

Thanks for reading, GL finding a breed!
 GaylanStudio4
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/3/2014 9:58:46 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio4 Object to Post

Wire Fox too!

You could have them both - they go together (lol).
 Black Rhapsody
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2014 10:44:54 PM reply with quote send message to Black Rhapsody Object to Post

German Pinschers are in need! We place in groups and are not all that competitive. We need more people showing! I am overflowing with nice dogs and can provide you with some to get started. happy :)

Jessica
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/3/2014 10:51:26 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

I strongly recommend Portuguese Pointers. Give them a look over and if you're interested, let me know. I just bred the high SOP of 88.9. Hope we can get you aboard. happy :)
 AdvoKat
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2014 11:04:20 PM reply with quote send message to AdvoKat Object to Post

Azawakhs could use a hand! We only recently broke the 90% mark but pretty much anything 89 and up is finishable. We get group placements occasionally too.

Showing has picked up some but the breed took a major hit a little while back when two of the major breeders left. I only recently joined the breed and Chaos and Havoc, the only remaining large breeder, was very helpful in getting me my start, as was Canellis. Stud prices are all $50 and below and there are a fair number of studs available.

I have a few bitches I would be willing to give away to someone starting out in the breed as well.
 Bestbritts
Basic User

Basic User
9/4/2014 6:49:29 AM reply with quote send message to Bestbritts Object to Post

Brittany's need more breeders, I have just started again so not sure about group placings
 Taranis
Basic User

Basic User
9/4/2014 7:01:44 AM reply with quote send message to Taranis Object to Post

I second Portuguese Pointers. There's only a few of us in the breed, but we're all very friendly. We get group placements under the right judge, and sales and stud fees are low. Show entries are decent, but not too competitive. I currently have a whole batch of pups for sale, and I sometimes have broods available too.
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
9/4/2014 7:30:51 PM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

I second Azawakhs! They are definitely in need of some new players to help boost the show numbers happy :)

Always willing to send some brood girls to anyone willing to join the breed happy :)
 Cavland
Basic User

Basic User
9/4/2014 9:17:23 PM reply with quote send message to Cavland Object to Post

How about Cavaliers????
 Chorus
Basic User

Basic User
9/4/2014 9:58:54 PM reply with quote send message to Chorus Object to Post

Well, a breed in need for sure would be Polish Lowland sheepdogs. The only other breeder hasn't been around for about a month. sad :(

They do place in group sometimes, actually just noticed a judge they win the group under. There are many, many colors though some are lost now. I am happy to sell broods on request and keep stud fees around $50 mostly. There are some entries as I keep a few dogs in the ring but of course we could use more!
 ruthlessHavoc
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/5/2014 8:15:44 AM reply with quote send message to ruthlessHavoc Object to Post

I'll put a word in for the Belgian Malinois. It seems that there are few breeders and not much diversity.

My 91.7 male has placed group in most shows. There seem to be 2-4 of us showing sporadically, but it's enough to get a championship. I'd be willing to session dogs more often in order to help with majors.

Studs are all under $200.

Sales are, unfortunately, less than ideal. There are typically 0-2 dogs available, and it seems to be between two of us.

SOP is between 89 and 92.4 with the majority between 91.3 and 91.8, as far as I can tell.

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.