.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 22
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
12/24/2014 9:10:04 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

Other show systems DO allow points for group placings though. and you yourself say that the Curly would have been the best Curly around,, making it deserving of points and a Championship. I feel that if a dog competing in group beats a dog who earned a major that day, it's a mark that that dog is also deserving of the major. We can disagree, and most of my points have always come from breed placings when showing, so it's not directly benefiting me in anyway. I just think it logically makes sense, and given the lower player base these days, would also help a few players in unpopulated breeds.
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/24/2014 10:37:28 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

I definitely would be against GCH points from the group. GCH points are earned by defeating your own breed, not others, this is the same in AKC and UKC. UKC can get Ch points from the group, but not GCH.
I just can't see how a dog should be able to be a Champion without ever defeating another dog of its breed. It's my biggest complaint a about UKC as well.

Replies in this thread : 22
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.