Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : *ignore last post* need a new breed suggestions!!!
 Rose Forest Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/26/2015 7:45:16 AM reply with quote send message to Rose Forest Kennel Object to Post   

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Sorry about my last post it was because my iPad went mad XD anyway I need a new breed suggestions that have a good some of entries each night in shows so it is easier to gain show points (2,3,4, 5 points.) as my current main breed, doesn't have a lot of entries. ( I want another main breed along beside them.) I am working on other breeds and finishing them. But I was a breed that isn't major popular like top 5/6/7 breeds. I want a breeds that is freindly, has a lot ( or decent) amount if entries per show- so it is not impossiable to gain show points but isn't so there is only my dog showing i the show-- meaning no points lol!!

Suggestions would be great and if anyone could offer me showable dogs and finishable ( sessions or not) that would be greathappy :))

-----
Last edited by Rose Forest Kennel on 3/26/2015 7:46:04 AM

-----
Last edited by Rose Forest Kennel on 3/26/2015 7:46:35 AM
 SmokeJumper Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
3/26/2015 10:08:43 AM reply with quote send message to SmokeJumper Kennel Object to Post

I'm in Gordon Setters (Treestand Kennel) and absolutely adore the breeders. We are #43 (as of a few days ago), we typically have entries in 2 shows a night and can take up to BIS. Litters are typically around 8 puppies. Our highest SOP is over 95 (a few weeks ago it was 95.05 but I'm sure it's gone up since then). 94.5 finishes easily. Studs are no more than $100 and the breeders are all super helpful and will help to get you started if they can. This is the breed that made me become a premium again. happy :)

I also have Borzois (Treestand Kennel) and Great Danes (Kovert). They both take up to BIS more commonly than Gordon Setters, have large litters, and have multiple entries in all shows every night. Both are over 98 in top SOP but anything around 97.5 seems to finish fairly well. I am keeping around 97.7 in both breeds.

Good luck in your search! If any of my breeds interest you, I can help you find dogs to get you started. happy :)

Oh! And Gordon Setters and Borzoi have Picardy color pictures! happy :)
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
3/26/2015 11:00:06 AM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

Check out Bearded Collies. We have some AMAZING pups up for sale right now. Future Champions and Grandchampions in tiny little bundles.

Bearded Collies (#28 on Breed list) are a great breed with active friendly breeders. Current SOP is 91-92 with anything over about 91.40 finishing easily. (although I have a 91.00 who is STILL taking BIBs) Multiple Majors every night! We do occasionally take group placements as well.

Come join the fun... if you want an older dog, feel free to ask any one of us, we will help you find what you are looking for.

PS We are getting Picardy pictures! They are finished just waiting for them to be added to game!
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/26/2015 2:33:11 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Consider joining Keeshonds -- they fit most of your criteria happy :)
Friendly breeders, good numbers of entries in shows, Keesies are are hovering between 10 and 13 in the list of top breeds. We get in group placings, and have some in show placings as well.
I have some fairly high SOP puppies - a 95.30 male, only about .20 behind the top males in the breed, from my latest litters up for sale (kennel getting a bit overcrowded) and I am sure other breeders would help you out if those puppies don't come up to your specifications.

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 3/26/2015 2:43:08 PM
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
3/26/2015 5:58:34 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

I second Keeshonds! The breeders a very friendly and have an active thread on our breed forum. I don't have anything right now that I am selling but I should in the next week or so. They are competitive but it's not impossible to finish a dog or GCH either.
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/26/2015 6:41:06 PM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

bull terriers are the place to be right now happy :)
 Grandeur Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/27/2015 5:17:21 AM reply with quote send message to Grandeur Kennels Object to Post

Amstaffs have been great and enjoyable.
SBTs would definitely benefit from having new breeders and exhibitioners but with only one main dominant kennel its take nge a long time to get any gains so I'm getting ready to go into bull terriers at the moment as they look nice and active
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/27/2015 1:48:39 PM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

sbts are a headache and a half.
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/27/2015 1:51:57 PM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

am staffs are pretty competitive and fun with pretty many entries. but we haven't been able to see show results in 2 weeks. rotts are going bonkers right now. GSDs stud fees are irritating .bloodhounds have more finishable dogs for sale than people willing to show them. and thats about all i know
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/27/2015 2:19:13 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

How about dachshunds? We are a quieter bunch, but are all very friendly and I know would love to help out a new breeder! We get majors almost every night, and I plan on hosting monthly specialties with payouts to get more activity! Finishable SOP is 93.75+, although 94+ is what is typically doing better in the ring (obviously). I have some nice boys up for sale now, and could also help you out with broods if you are interested!

Em

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.