Search

.com Forum · Banner Making Forum

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Sources for Pics of Rarer Breeds?
 Regenhaus
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/17/2015 11:33:28 AM reply with quote send message to Regenhaus Object to Post   

Hey all I was wondering where you guys find your pictures for rarer breeds of dogs. Generally speaking I usually can find these pics on Wikimedia Commons, SD Safe Sources, or Flickr CC but occasionally I cannot find quality pictures. So here I ask where do you go to find these pictures? What are your sources?
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
5/22/2015 7:08:29 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

One good trick I have found it to use the breeds foren names (if it has other names) with wiki and flickrcc. Or just search flickrcc for 'dog show' as many people don't put the breed in the tag so that can bring up some more pics.

Also in Wikimedia commons sometimes if you put the word dog after the breed some more pics will come up that don't appear on the breeds images page so first search for pug, then search for pug dog and extra ones may come up.
 Regenhaus
Basic User

Basic User
5/23/2015 9:15:52 AM reply with quote send message to Regenhaus Object to Post

Thank you so much! I don't know why I never thought to search dog show on Flickr CC.

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.