Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Other shows please
 RockBottomHounds
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/31/2015 5:10:37 AM reply with quote send message to RockBottomHounds Object to Post   

I wonder if it would be possible to have other shows on the same day as SD.com World Cup as those of us with dogs that haven't made top 15 can't show on that day.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2015 2:15:09 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I like having the last day as an invitational show. Makes me work harder to make sure I get an entry. happy :)
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2015 5:42:05 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

I dont think this suggestion is necessary. The last day in conformation showing has always been invitation only because it is summing up the dogs of the month who have earned their place.

We already have anywhere between 27-30 other days per month to enter dogs in happy :) (depending on the length of that month)
 GaylanStudio9
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/1/2015 12:49:26 AM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio9 Object to Post

I wouldn't care that much either way but some folks might be tempted to pull their dogs from the World Cup if they thought they wouldn't do well in order to enter them in an alternate show with the best of the competition staying in the WC.

It would sort of detract from the honor of showing in the WC. The WC determines the 'best of the best' and if folks start to pull dogs to put them in other shows, it just isn't the same.

"My dog won such-n-such at the WC."

"Ah but "OtherSuperDog" wasn't there so who knows."

So, no to adding alternate shows at the month end.
 Aldeberan
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/1/2015 11:44:39 PM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post

Plus, the World Cup uses the stats for the month. If there was another show, where would those stats go? Onto the next month?

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.