Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : kennel runs
 kc meadows
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/16/2015 8:42:50 PM reply with quote send message to kc meadows Object to Post   

I know this might be a stupid ? But how does the # of runs and dog ratio is ideal and does it affect how fast or slow your #'s increase
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
6/16/2015 9:16:16 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Hopefully I'm addressing the right question here, since your post was a bit difficult to decipher for me since I'm not fluent in symbol speak haha. razz :p

But, as far as I'm aware, kennel runs are usually used to organize and sort out your kennel - therefore, the amount of runs you have and the amount of dogs you have in them are all things you can choose in a manner that helps you. happy :) When you go to the 'edit runs' option in the 'my dogs' section of your kennel, the order you input the runs in is the order the categories and dogs will show up on your page.

Personally, I usually have around four or five runs per breed I have in my kennel. For example I'll have a run for studs, broods, sales and show dogs. Then I'll have all my dogs listed in the categories I plan to use them in, but that's just my system. It'd probably be best to see what other people do and find out what's the best method for you, especially since I haven't played in three years and can't remember much. razz :p

Hopefully that helps to some degree!

-Myths
 kc meadows
Basic User

Basic User
6/16/2015 9:31:01 PM reply with quote send message to kc meadows Object to Post

Sorry was trying to be hip or cool or whatever the young people say these days LOL. So the number of kennel runs does not affect how fast or slow your numbers increase ie show obedience muscle tone or coat condition.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/16/2015 9:43:51 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

No, kennel runs are just used to organize your dogs. The kennel runs I have are:

Showing - for dogs who are in the show ring, or are ready to be shown
Training - for dogs who are being sessioned
Waiting - for dogs waiting to be sessioned
Broodies 30+ - for brood bitches over 30 days
Broodies 0-29 - for brood bitches 0-29 days
Studs 30+ - for stud only dogs over 30 days
Studs 0-29 - for stud dogs 0-29 days
For Sale - for dogs I have placed for sale

The only thing that speeds up sessioning is custom food rations, but that only helps condition, muscle tone, and coat. happy :)

I hope this answers your question!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/16/2015 9:46:18 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

posted by Myths
... the order you input the runs in is the order the categories and dogs will show up on your page. ...
You can adjust the order of the runs after you enter them, as well. happy :)
 Skylos Elysium
Basic User

Basic User
6/17/2015 12:59:06 AM reply with quote send message to Skylos Elysium Object to Post

My Kennel Runs:

Whelping Box - pregnant bitches
Showing - dogs (both sexes)actively being shown
Conditioning - adult dogs (both sexes) being sessioned
Puppy Playpen - puppies (both sexes) may or may not be sessioning.
Brood Bitches - adult bitches not currently pregnant and not showing
Studs - adult dogs not currently being shown.
Sale Barn - dogs (both sexes) up for sale

I have them organized by importance from top to bottom the same way in all my kennels. But at any given time a run maybe empty and not show.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.