Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Dismissed dog
 Oakwood Creek
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/16/2015 5:02:30 AM reply with quote send message to Oakwood Creek Object to Post   

I got this message from Jeff today

Perro de Agua Oviedo has been dismissed from the ring because it is not yet fit for the ring. Please try training and conditioning this dog a bit more before entering it in more shows.

You were still charged an entry fee but the dog did not take part in the show.

Now this in itself is not a problem, EXCEPT yesterday I showed him and he was reserve winners dog, AND the day before I showed him as well - can someone explain please why he was 'conditioned enough' to compete before but not today?
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/16/2015 12:00:03 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Maybe the judge was in a bad mood? razz :p

But in seriousness, that is odd, I woukd message Jeff to see what that is about. If he was good enough to be shown in two shows prior, he should be good enough now. He's over 10 in training, condition, exercise, and grooming.

I hope this gets sorted out!
 kiroja
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/16/2015 6:13:51 PM reply with quote send message to kiroja Object to Post

I had a similar problem. I had a bitch that was penalized by the judge due to her pregnancy. The problem is, she was past her 5 days from whelping!
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
8/16/2015 6:59:17 PM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I'm fairly sure each judge has their own 'cut off limit' in regards to obedience/muscle/coat condition - which is why if you were to try and enter a dog who wasn't fully sessioned (O=14. M = 15. C=16) then you will only have a limited number of shows to enter compared to a dog who has 19 or 20 in all 3.

(those numbers are just a guess)

Edited to add: I can't seem to find anything in the help centre about this?

-----
Last edited by Chaos and Havoc on 8/16/2015 7:03:49 PM
 GaylanStudio1
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/17/2015 12:29:20 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio1 Object to Post

I didn't think those cutoffs were variable, but perhaps they are. Interesting.

I've never shown a dog that ill-prepared (lol).

I'd try sessioning those dogs a bit more and enter under the same judge - see what happens.
 Tibetan Rose
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2015 3:14:02 PM reply with quote send message to Tibetan Rose Object to Post

The help center actually implies that the cutoffs are fixed (www.showdog.com/help/topic.aspx?id=87), and that is how I've always found it to be.
I guess Jeff is the only one who knows for sure.
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2015 5:29:44 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

Have you changed his food reasontly? Some times when you change there food they may drop a bit, so it could be if you changed his food he may have dropped to below 10 for the show
 Oakwood Creek
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2015 7:05:13 PM reply with quote send message to Oakwood Creek Object to Post

Nope, not changed his food, his condition is slowly rising daily, so in fact he was less well trained, conditioned, exercised and groomed at the two shows he wasn't dismissed from.

I can only assume each judge has differing minimum requirements.....nothing else would explain it.

I know he's abysmally prepared but he's competing against all my other 'breeding up from source' dogs and someone has got to win so I figure if they are all pretty much of a muchness SOP (ie low) and similarly trained, conditioned, exercised and groomed it adds a little bit of that will he, won't he win anticipation.

He's entered tomorrow, lets see what happens.....
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/18/2015 11:09:01 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

How did today go?
 Oakwood Creek
Basic User

Basic User
8/18/2015 1:41:44 PM reply with quote send message to Oakwood Creek Object to Post

He was winners dog today gaining 1 pt!

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.