Search

.com Forum · Kooikerhondje

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Returning after a long absence
 Saskia Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/19/2015 11:45:33 PM reply with quote send message to Saskia Kennels Object to Post   

Hello all!

I am Heather of Saskia Kennels. You may recognise my kennel name from way back in some of your kooikers' pedigrees. I used to be a very active Showdog breeder and competitor but decided to take a short hiatus from the game. The short hiatus turned into 2yrs.

I've started getting back into the swing of things by purchasing a couple bitch puppies Dutch Creek has listed for sale (hey Dutch, remember me?). I have forgotten a fair amount of things but I'm sure I'll get back into the swing of things and start competing soon enough. I look forward to playing with you all!

Heather happy :)
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
9/20/2015 4:21:07 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Hi Heather happy :)

I'm a new breeder in Kooiker's - so I don't remember you unfortunately but I'm thrilled that you've come back to SD and rejoined Kooiker's! laugh :D

The breed has started to really gain popularity recently and we are now winning 'in Group' placements happy :)

I'd be happy to set you up with some dogs - just give me a PM if you're interested happy :)

Welcome back!
 Dutch Creek Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/20/2015 12:03:44 PM reply with quote send message to Dutch Creek Kennels Object to Post

Saskia! I do remember you! Welcome back. It is always nice to see players come back to the game. Has it been 2 years already? shocked 8O

I will check my kennel and see if I have anything else to help you get started. Most of the dogs in my kennel are not quite at show SOP yet. It was hard to find many different pups for sale when I first re-started so I started a bit of a source line I have been crossing to high SOP dogs to get some newer blood in the breed.

Kooikers have picked up since then, so I am sure some of us can help you out to get re-started again happy :)
 Practically Perfect Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/20/2015 3:29:12 PM reply with quote send message to Practically Perfect Kennels Object to Post

Hey, I'm newer to the breed, but I have plenty to go around if you'd like some, feel free to PM me.
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
9/20/2015 11:29:11 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

Welcome back Saskia! I recently left the breed, but wanted to tell you some of the CirclingSky dogs might go back to your lines-I purchased 2 of your bitches from your abandoned kennel, and used the studs you left up-so might be worth checking pedigrees! Thanks for helping keep the breed alive even when you weren't here!
 Saskia Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/21/2015 12:45:27 AM reply with quote send message to Saskia Kennels Object to Post

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I am really happy to be back and look forward to contributing!

I would love to buy a bitch or two from anyone willing to part with one, puppy or adult doesn't matter. No need for stud dogs, I will use the ones you all have up for stud. I'm not looking for show quality, just something to get me started.

I'm so excited! It looks like there are several great breeders and I can't believe how high the SOPs are now! I can't wait to get going!

Thanks again, everyone,
Heather happy :)
 Saskia Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/21/2015 12:47:30 AM reply with quote send message to Saskia Kennels Object to Post

Oh, and that's great to know, CirclingSky. I'll be looking up your old pedigrees for sure. happy :)

Replies in this thread : 6

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.