Search

.com Forum · Great Dane

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : How do i know how long its been since my Bitch has last welped?
 CJ Danes
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/12/2015 6:46:27 PM reply with quote send message to CJ Danes Object to Post   

I bought a bitch from another breeder, and was unsure of the last time she whelped. Judge told me that she didn't get a fair eval because she was still a bit rough from her last whelp and I should enter her 5 days post litter. How do I know when the time frame is?
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2015 6:52:35 PM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

Check the offspring list, they're 2 days old.
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2015 6:53:02 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Personally I just look at the bitch's offspring and try to find the youngest one lol. In this case I believe it is Equilibrium in question? The youngest pup from her is currently 2 days old, so it should be around another 3 days before she's fully recovered. I'm not sure if there is a more formal way to do it, but hopefully that helps! happy :)

(Coincidentally, I just bought a dog from her most recent litter to finish in my basic. XD)
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2015 6:53:18 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Darn it, Fallen beat me to it. XD
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2015 7:04:47 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

To add to what the fabulous Fallen and Myths have said, I have found its best to wait until the puppies are 5.5-6 days old before entering the bitch in shows again. Sometimes when the puppies are 5 days old, the judges still don't like how "rough" they are from their litter. happy :)
 Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2015 7:23:25 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

Glad I'm not the only one who has to go back and check the age of the puppies.
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/13/2015 2:39:32 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

TSK - do you think it goes down to the hour they're born? I know I've tried to breed to males that show up as "30" days, but are really a couple of hours away... wonder if that's just a weird glitch.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class