Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : I'm looking for a new breed.
 Sprightly Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/2/2015 10:21:11 AM reply with quote send message to Sprightly Kennels Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Not exactly sure what I'm wanting but I'm pretty flexible. Would prefer group/show placements, friendly breeders but don't have to be chatty. Very open to suggestions.

The breeds I'm currently in are:
Anatolian Shepherds
Caucasian Mountain Dogs
German Shepherds
Briards
Chihuahuas
Alaskan Klee Kai
Standard Poodles
Clumber Spaniels
Laekenois
Kooikers
Borzoi
Britts

Former Breeds that didn't work out are:
Paps
Am Staffs
Poms
German Spitz
Chows
Rottweilers
Tibetan Terriers
Sealyham Terriers
Cattle Dogs
Great Pyrenees
Tollers

-----
Last edited by Sprightly Kennels on 11/2/2015 3:53:56 PM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/2/2015 11:19:18 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

English Cocker - they are getting group placements occasionally. Not endangered but could use more folks.

Irish Red and White - also getting group placements. Could really use some more folks.

Wire Fox - Gets groups including "In Show" awards.
Really need more folks badly.
 Astoria2
Basic User

Basic User
11/2/2015 3:12:28 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria2 Object to Post

I'm sorry Tollers didn't work out for you, as that's one of my other breeds.
Briards are taking off well! there's a handful of us now and we are all a friendly bunch. Occasional group placements, they are increasing though!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/2/2015 3:30:03 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Saint Bernards - The breeders I have encountered are friendly. Not sure about show placements as I have just started in the breed.

Giant Schnauzers - Very friendly breeders. Not sure about the show placements as I've just started them as well. But the colors are both present and we have Picardy pictures!

Beagles - I think they occasionally take group, but I am focusing more on color breeding with another kennel. We have Picardy pictures here too!

Boxers - They place in group, I believe they have show placements too. Summerwind has been VERY helpful in getting me started. We have Picardy pictures and all of the colors are close to show quality.

Great Danes - Breeders are friendly, they take BIS quite often. happy :)

Harriers - I'm still fairly new, but the breeders have been very nice, there are show quality dogs and color project dogs. I'm not sure how placings go. We have Picardy pictures.

Yorkshire Terriers - Two of the four colors are present, the breeders have been friendly, we have Picardy pictures!

Bergamascos - All three colors are present. I'm not sure how they place in shows, as I have just started and we don't use handlers very much.

Good luck in your search!
 Xi-Chi
Basic User

Basic User
11/2/2015 4:22:44 PM reply with quote send message to Xi-Chi Object to Post

I work with Keeshonds and Alaskan Malamutes. Both are popular breeds.

Alaskan Mals: Ranked 3rd at the moment. There are group and show awards fairly often based on what I've noticed. Everyone I've spoken to has been very friendly and very helpful. We're not overly chatty as a group, but if you have a question it'll get answered. Plus Drake gives us wonderful monthly updates on the success of the breed - bonus!

Keeshonds: Ranked 8th in popularity. We do get group and show awards. We're a friendly group of people and chatty. Everyone has been extremely helpful to me as I got started.

-Serenity
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/2/2015 5:17:21 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

All the cool kids play keeshonds. Frequent show and group placements, and you wont find a friendlier bunch
 Wabi-Sabi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/2/2015 6:02:20 PM reply with quote send message to Wabi-Sabi Kennels Object to Post

Toy Poodles would love to have you! I've been taking group placements lately. The show ring is competitive enough to finish dogs, but not intimidating. A good variation of colour so you may chose to colour breed lost colours if you like. I have broods I'd be willing to lease and possibly sell, if you're interested. Can try and answer any questions!
 Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/2/2015 8:24:04 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

I would have suggested chihuahuas, but you claim to already be one of us. So instead, I'll second the suggestions of Treestand, Gypsy, and Wabi and recommend Beagles, Keeshond, or Toy Poodles. I'm in those breeds too.
 Makkovik
Basic User

Basic User
11/2/2015 10:55:36 PM reply with quote send message to Makkovik Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Siberian Huskies!!!

They place frequently at the group/show level, are lots of fun and the breeders are very friendly! They're an awesome breed. Lots of quality dogs for sale as well so it's easy to get started.

-----
Last edited by Makkovik on 11/2/2015 10:55:58 PM

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.