Search

.com Forum · Kooikerhondje

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Thinking about joining the breed
 DragonFire Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/20/2015 8:55:14 PM reply with quote send message to DragonFire Kennels Object to Post   

Hi everyone! I am considering joining kooikes. I am interested in puchasing a show pup for this kennel. If I get seriously into the breed, I plan to resurrect one of my old kennels for a kooiker kennel. I would also like to look into getting an older broodie so I don't have to wait so long to breed. Thanks!
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
11/20/2015 9:38:49 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Heya!

We'd love to have you in the breed happy :)

I've got lots of pups being sessioned for the ring at the moment - you're more than welcome to offer on this boy if you like?

Dalkeiths - Just Before Dawn

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14475313

You're also welcome to this broodie:

Dalkeiths - Remain Neutral
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14433448

She'll be ready to be bred in 7 days happy :)

Feel free to offer on either of them happy :)
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
11/20/2015 9:54:55 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Our current top SOP is: 92.50% as far as I know.

Showable SOPs are anything over 92.00%

Brood girl SOPs include anything over 91.80%

We have 3 main current breeders including Dutch Creek and Practically Perfect and myself, as well as a few new breeders including Purrs Port, Zinga, SFFC and Puddle of Mud.

We’ve jumped up dramatically on the breed popularity list! When I joined we were really low down, but we’re now #32!

98% of our studs are up for $25-$50.

Entries are currently pretty steady – I’m showing a huge amount of boys at the moment – but I tend not to show too many girls as I prefer to breed them quickly lol.

Dog sales are fairly reasonable – we all put dogs up each week once litters are born and they always sell for $100.

We're getting Group placements lately if you choose the right Judges too happy :)
 Dutch Creek Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/20/2015 11:57:30 PM reply with quote send message to Dutch Creek Kennels Object to Post

Hi!

Welcome to Kooikers! It is always nice to see new people joining the breed. If there is a dog in my kennel that you are interested in for showing or breeding, just let me know which one and I can turn offers on. Glad to help any way I can happy :)
 Practically Perfect Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/21/2015 9:38:44 AM reply with quote send message to Practically Perfect Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Welcome to Kooiks!

I have one or two girls I can let go, but I just did a sweep of my kennel the other day and FH'd a lot, whoops.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14356968

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14398698

Star Rider is actually breedable right now.

-----
Last edited by Practically Perfect Kennels on 11/21/2015 11:43:28 AM
 DragonFire Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/21/2015 10:52:54 PM reply with quote send message to DragonFire Kennels Object to Post

Thanks guys! That was a quick response. I just had a bunch of pups leave the puppy box so am over my limit. Let me boot a few to make room for some kooikers, then I will put in some offers.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.