Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 17

Author Topic : shows
 kc meadows
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/26/2016 9:59:51 PM reply with quote send message to kc meadows Object to Post   

Is it just me or are there not very many shows coming up. Only have shows till feb 4
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

Basic User
1/26/2016 10:54:27 PM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post

Ive noticed theres been fewer daily as well, and more and more at $10 :/

mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2016 6:08:09 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

$20 ! You have to be kidding!
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2016 6:13:11 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

Hey, it can get expensive to sponsor shows. I dont blame people who post them for higher than $5 if they think it will help them recuperate money. I just choose to try and enter other shows instead. My general attitude is grateful that they're sponsoring shows, and if I dont like how many shows are or arent sponsored, or the prices, I should sponsor my own. happy :)
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2016 7:49:13 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

I have sponsored a couple of shows but just never make money off of them so I can't afford to do it sad :(
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2016 8:25:05 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

I have always sponsered $5 shows, but can understand why some want to charge $10 or $20.

Ex.: I sponsored a $5 show for $700 or $800 (forget which price) and only got $299 back. That's a $400 or $500 loss per show!
 Tenacity Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2016 8:46:48 PM reply with quote send message to Tenacity Kennel Object to Post

Yes $20 is hard to swallow, BUT the payouts are higher.

Thank you to those who sponsor, I try to sponsor when I can but it takes a while to recoup costs.
 afterfire
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2016 9:00:21 PM reply with quote send message to afterfire Object to Post

I've gone ahead and sponsored 4 shows between some of my kennels... happy entering.
 kc meadows
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2016 9:44:11 PM reply with quote send message to kc meadows Object to Post

Thank you AF
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/28/2016 10:50:39 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I just set up 12 $5 all breeds throughout February.

And not an owner-judge to be seen.
 GaylanStudio1
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/28/2016 11:07:32 AM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio1 Object to Post

I just set up a few specialties for ACS (American Cocker), ECS (English Cocker), and ES (English Setter).

I was going to do more but I'm rushing (lol) and I think I've messed up on some.

If you have a breed that you think can get the 10 entries let me know - I'll do another 10 or so.
 Degree
Basic User

Basic User
1/28/2016 11:47:05 AM reply with quote send message to Degree Object to Post

Thanks for the ES shows!
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
1/28/2016 12:36:56 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

Thanks for doing English Setters! I am going to suggest golden retrievers and nova scotia duck tolling retrievers as well as our specialties usually get at least 20 entries
 kc meadows
Basic User

Basic User
1/29/2016 4:40:17 AM reply with quote send message to kc meadows Object to Post

Thank you Gaylan
 kc meadows
Basic User

Basic User
1/29/2016 4:41:17 AM reply with quote send message to kc meadows Object to Post

I would love to see Bouviers
 Charmason
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/29/2016 9:59:36 AM reply with quote send message to Charmason Object to Post

Re:lack of "cheap" shows. There must be many players in this game sitting on high amounts of money that could be spent on $5 general shows. Is there prestige attached to show sponsorship?
If I have spare money I put shows on knowing full well I won't get my money back unless it's on a day when there are no other shows and the judge prefers owner handlers. I see what others say about owner handler judges but they do attract the biggest entries...but that's another subject...lol

gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/30/2016 11:09:23 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Cough, cough, . . . ummm, I have a confession - yes, I am sitting on a pile of cash. Ten kennels that are more or less dorment (I'm gonna get started again, really, soon, some day).

It's not intentional but I'm logging each day and selling session but just just haven't had the time to sort through them all and breed or show. Most are over limit and most of the dogs are too old to show. If anyone is interested in some of my elderly stock, just write and ask - I won't sell my best just yet because I do intend to get going again, soon . . .
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/30/2016 11:13:32 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I added two more English Setter shows (10th and 15th) that are actually No Handler, $5.

And an all breed on the 14th.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 1/30/2016 11:16:34 AM

Replies in this thread : 17

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.