Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Suggestion: Replace Forum Activity With...
 Reina*
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/18/2016 3:57:19 PM reply with quote send message to Reina* Object to Post   

Hi.

The forum activity section on the kennel page, I feel, should be replaced with Recent Show Wins or something . The reasons being:

1. It doesn't really have anything to do with the game or the prestige of the kennel.

2. A thread stays in there way too long. Sometimes, I like to just say a small congratulations but if I do, that thread will stay in my forum activity until there hasn't been a reply for a month.

3. Because of this, I rarely post on the forums anymore. Honestly, I don't always want everyone to follow what I'm doing in the forums. Not that I'm trying to hide it, but I would so much rather see something else in that section of my kennel page. In the old format, I liked that I could find my past posts but I don't think anyone else has a need to see it.

I really, really want to suggest that this section be replaced with recent show results. I feel like this would be so much more relative to the actual game and shows off the accomplishments of the user, instead of every random post on the forum. Some people don't even go on the forums and that section of their kennel page remains blank, a waste of space.

I don't want to sound super picky or even rude but I honestly do not think the forum activity section improves the representation of the game and the users.

If a user wants to keep track of his/her forum activity, there is a lovely star button in the corner of most browsers - the "Add to Favorites" which can easily be deleted, instead of having to wait a month of no replies for that post to disappear off your kennel page. Even, if desired, this forum activity section could be moved to the user's account page that is visible to him/her only OR a section to turn off/on the forum activity section.

Please give your thoughts. I'd like to see how many people feel the same way.

In all, it's not an emergency or something that has to be changed right away. I just feel it would be a great improvement to the game and representation of it and the paying users.

Thanks for hearing me out.
 Azalea Hill
Basic User

Basic User
4/18/2016 7:34:18 PM reply with quote send message to Azalea Hill Object to Post

what might make a nice replacement is kennel ranking for the breeds in the kennel...

#2 Basenji Kennel - April 2016

OR what I really wish we had was something to track the dogs breed/group/all breed rankings

and this area could showcase the kennels top dogs

CH Youbetcha Anywho
Basenji Dog
#1 Basenji March 2016
#3 Hound March 2016

... but since that doesn't exist at the moment
maybe it could just pull info for the kennel's dogs with the highest GCH points or # dogs beaten

so the area still showcases that kennels "Top Dogs"

... anyway just tossing around ideas...
 Rijbakluva
Basic User

Basic User
4/18/2016 7:34:58 PM reply with quote send message to Rijbakluva Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I personally don't think this is a big deal - I enjoy the 'Forum Activity' being listed.

I think there are a lot more important things that need to be fixed/updated on this site before this idea gets looked at.

Just my 2 cents happy :)

Edited to add:

I quite like the ideas that Azalea just posted - they sound really good happy :) I think it's a shame that once the month is over you lose the 'titles' of where they have placed previously.

-----
Last edited by Rijbakluva on 4/18/2016 7:36:50 PM
 Reina*
Basic User

Basic User
4/18/2016 9:33:33 PM reply with quote send message to Reina* Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Thanks for your opinion

-----
Last edited by Reina* on 4/18/2016 9:40:35 PM
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/19/2016 8:45:16 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

I agree. We used to have a big box that stated show wins. Instead of having the forum activity, why could we not just have show wins/trophies moved there, perhaps along with dogs for sale/stud? The old format on the old layout was much easier for browsing people's sales and studs.
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/19/2016 10:09:54 AM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

I'm not fussed one way or the other about the forum activity box, but I do love Azalea's idea, it would be nice to have a record of those rankings somewhere, or even the sdwc wins, things like that would be nice to see I think.
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
4/20/2016 8:15:47 AM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

I like Azalea's idea! But at the same time, I don't really care what happens. I just end the "End" key on the computer or flick my wrist to scroll on my phone just right to reach the bottom of the page, to see dogs for stud lol.

Alexanria

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.