Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Custom Mixes?
 Rock City Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/1/2016 1:08:19 AM reply with quote send message to Rock City Kennel Object to Post   

I'm wondering if there is a specific secret to creating the right mix for each stat? I tried max everything and felt that the Super Duper mixes/Top Dog mixes worked better than the custom mix. However, the custom mixes dogs were on when I bought them worked better than those mixes...

Mainly, right now I'm having a hard time increasing condition significantly and I feel like that's because they're not on custom rations.

So I'm looking for any tips somebody would be willing to give me, haha! Thanks in advance!
 Whitegold Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/1/2016 2:50:03 AM reply with quote send message to Whitegold Kennels Object to Post

I find that if the puppies are born to a mother with top Condition, then their condition is better to begin with and they come up quickly.

I keep mine on top of almost everything but health (the ration is about $6 and change.

I do notice that there are some dogs that just take longer to get there. For example my Goldens are almost fully done by day 14, the Sussex take longer, and I need to start immediately.

Jessica
 Rock City Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/1/2016 3:41:04 AM reply with quote send message to Rock City Kennel Object to Post

Thank you!

It's strange because dogs I did before went up really quickly, but dogs I'm doing now are going up by .1 or .2. They're Dobermans and their parents all had top condition so I don't know what changed xD.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/1/2016 9:28:23 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I'd maybe redo the ration in case you made an error.

Some breeds do go up more slowly and if the dam was not in good conditionthe pups will start lower and go up slower, as has been said.

A custom 1777 (that's highest for all but meds) will cost about 5.92/'bag'. The cost per dog per day is much less and it varies with the breed (size).

For Cockers:
Food Adult:
PetHouse $1.00 /day / dog
Adult 1777 $1.97 /day /dog

Food Pup:
Pup 1171 $0.96 /day / dog

Setters are a bit more.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 5/1/2016 9:36:19 AM

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.