Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Hidden studs
 Gushido Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/4/2016 7:23:53 AM reply with quote send message to Gushido Kennel Object to Post   

how do you find hidden studs in a breed?

Thanks
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
5/4/2016 9:32:43 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

the first thing to remember is that there may not be any hidden studs available.

here's how I search for hidden studs.

Pedigrees - go backwards in current dogs pedigrees looking for different kennels - Visit the kennel page to see if there are any studs.
You can also check the Champions bred - are any of the dogs owned by another kennel? Check that kennel page.
Click on some of the male dogs and check for offspring - are any of those dogs owned by other kennels? check those pages.

Forum - Go to the forum page for the breed and check for other kennels, sometimes there are posts from earlier players listing abandoned kennels - click on the GCH announcements - check those kennels and check the offspring of those dogs.

Using the search function (lower left) search for your nationals - ( example: 2015 Collie National) - check the results looking for other kennels

you can sometime use the search to look for a specific kennel prefix - then check those dogs for different kennels

Hopefully that will give you a start.
 Gushido Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/4/2016 12:57:37 PM reply with quote send message to Gushido Kennel Object to Post

Thanks, will start looking.
 Goldenwing Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/4/2016 2:53:20 PM reply with quote send message to Goldenwing Kennel Object to Post

Gushido Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/4/2016 8:05:53 PM reply with quote send message to Gushido Kennel Object to Post

Thanks. They are all the same ones I already found. If I come across anymore, I'll post them here.
 NissaV
Basic User

Basic User
5/4/2016 8:18:09 PM reply with quote send message to NissaV Object to Post

You can occasionally find them going through the all time top 100 dogs.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.