Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Stuck at 19
 Sizzlin
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/12/2016 12:54:13 PM reply with quote send message to Sizzlin Object to Post   

I have sessioned my dogs every day for over a month now and their obedience is still at 19. I had them on custom rations as puppies from the breeder so they quickly hit 20 in everything else. As adults I switched them to the top quality formulas on the free account and they are STILL at 19 in obedience. It hasn't changed in several weeks.
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
5/12/2016 1:01:25 PM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

You have Vizlas which are hounds. Hounds take FOREVER to bring to perfect obedience here (and in real life, lol). I wouldn't say it was anything unusual.

I don't have Vizlas, but I do have Afghans and Dachshunds and I've sessioned Borzoi before. My Affies sometimes aren't fully sessioned til they're over 30 days old, and Doxies are somewhere between 25 and 30 or so before they're 20 in obedience. I had a Borzoi hit 40 days before it was done.

ETA: I try to start mine as soon as they're born so that Grooming and Exercise are at 20 usually by the time they hit 14 days, so it's at least two more weeks after that they hit 20 in obedience.

Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Lace Dreams on 5/12/2016 1:02:40 PM
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/12/2016 3:19:03 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

Vizlas are in the sporting group.. but I agree that sessioning takes FOREVER in some breeds, I feel like I'm waiting weeks, literally.
Message a few other breeders and see if they're experiencing the same thing.
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
5/12/2016 5:26:37 PM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

posted by Astoria Kennel
Vizlas are in the sporting group..
Oh my bad, for some reason I thought they were hounds. Hahaha joke's on me! laugh :D

Alexandria
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/12/2016 7:59:06 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Certain breeds take longer to session than others, like GSDs take a while to get to full 20s.
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
5/12/2016 8:55:57 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

I have tollers, field spaniels, goldens, English setters, and english cockers. As far as I can tell, they all seem to be done being sessioned by 14 days. Sometimes it takes a day or two longer for obedience to reach 20.

However, I have shown and sessioned some other breeds before which take much longer to reach 20. I showed some Malamutes that took like 40 days and am currently showing a Redbone Coonhound who is around 35 days and obedience is still 19.

That being said you can show a dog when they have 19 obedience or other traits. The redbone I mentioned above is a champion with multiple group placements. I had an English setter once get a group 1st without being fully sessioned. If I were you I would go ahead and enter your dogs anyway and if they are good quality they should still be able to win.
 KC golden meadows
Basic User

Basic User
5/12/2016 10:58:03 PM reply with quote send message to KC golden meadows Object to Post

Bullmastiffs are the same way don't reach 20 till between 35 to 40 days but my labs much quicker I think they hit 20 sometimes by 20 days old

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.