Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Breed Wanted!
 Lacuna Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/14/2016 7:29:11 PM reply with quote send message to Lacuna Kennels Object to Post   

Hey guys,
I'm looking for a new breed to fill this kennel and I do plan to subscribe this kennel once I have chosen a breed. I am pretty open about what I'm looking for and I might end up going with two breeds.

What I'd like:
- majors every night/competition
- friendly breeders
- decently priced studs
- and I have a preference towards sporting and bully breeds but I will consider all

What I would like to stay away from:
- rare breeds
- a colour project

Thank you in advance! happy :)
 Lumen
Basic User

Basic User
7/14/2016 10:16:32 PM reply with quote send message to Lumen Object to Post

Shih Tzus meet your criteria! Very friendly, no studs >$100, competition/majors every night. Would be happy to help get you started
 Strange Fellows
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2016 8:29:50 AM reply with quote send message to Strange Fellows Object to Post

I'd recommend Whippets - they're among the top 20 breeds, there are several shows each day and some specialties each month. Though, they could need some more dedicated breeders/show addicts.

I could also help out with:
- Borzois (Eremitage) - top 10 breed, super competitive, real fun to get them to 99+
- Italian Greyhounds (Sociatà Eccentrica) - top SOPs now 92+, so still a lot to do, quite active, many shows; and
- Azawakh (Amadror) - great community, lots of specialties in addition to daily shows, great improvements recently to 95+ SOPs.

Hope to see you in some of those breeds & let me know if I can help.
 Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/15/2016 8:45:25 AM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

Seconding the Italian Greyhounds. We are all quite friendly and willing to help, there is also quite a few dogs for sale at the moment that would help start a stud out. There are also a couple of specialties a month.
 Afterburner Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2016 10:19:07 AM reply with quote send message to Afterburner Kennels Object to Post

Nova Scotia Duck Tollers are a good one too that fit your criteria. I would be happy to help you get started. happy :)
  Absolut
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2016 10:52:30 AM reply with quote send message to  Absolut Object to Post

Dogo Argentinos could be a good fit for you.

We get majors almost every night. I try to enter my older show string very night until I have newer ones ready to replace them.

Everyone is super friendly and willing to lease/sell broods, studs, and puppies. Stud fees stay around $50-$100.

Dogos can sort of fall into the bully-type breed preference. No color breeding, all white! And I wouldn't consider Dogos a rare SD breed.

If you have any questions or want to work with us, drop me a PM. Best of luck picking a new breed!

Lacuna Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2016 7:02:55 PM reply with quote send message to Lacuna Kennels Object to Post

Thank you for everyone's suggestions! I have chosen to start in Italian Greyhounds and Dogo Argentinos happy :)

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.