Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Odd show results? Handler-preferred Judge awards BIS to owner handled dog?
 Edge of Tomorrow
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/18/2016 5:57:55 AM reply with quote send message to Edge of Tomorrow Object to Post   

Does anyone know whats going on with the current show results?

Show: Treun Summer Show 4 (Date: 18th Sept) Judge: Charles Britton.

Charles has always preferred handlers (Veronica and Bob) since forever.

But today he has awarded:

BIS: Owner handled.
6/7 of the group winners: Owner handled.

... ???

One of my dogs went BOB without a handler - and he was only entered as a filler!

Does anyone know if this is Jeff's work? Has he secretly changed some of the handler-judges to be owner handler preferred?

Or is this yet another glitch?
 Strange Fellows
Basic User

Basic User
9/18/2016 6:19:43 AM reply with quote send message to Strange Fellows Object to Post

I noticed as well; very odd results here.
There was a show just as strange last week; I thought that it might be Jeff experimenting, but who knows?
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
9/18/2016 6:50:31 AM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

I had a toller entered as filler who went 3rd in show. The same thing happened with a different toller at the show with Eileen judging a few days ago. This is a breed that does not get show placements and group wins are extremely rare.
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
9/18/2016 12:24:31 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

Yes & there is the same issue with this show as there was the last with the odd results - I still have the withdraw option on my dog that took part even though the show has completed.
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
9/18/2016 12:25:29 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

I did ask this about the last show with the off result and got no reply - has alnyone alerted Jeff to these issues by email? I'm happy to do so - but don't want to bombard him if others are already on it?
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/18/2016 3:33:21 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

Same here, a girl I entered as a filler - only 16 days old (Keeshonds don't get to 20 across the board until 23 days), not only beat a fully sessioned girl in Keeshonds, but ended up best in group!!!!!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/18/2016 10:24:28 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I'm starting to wonder if he has made some judges owner-judges and forgot to tell us (change their profile). This seems to have cropped up after his last attempt to fix the judges and he was going to do something to push toward the 30% OH judges.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.