Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : 2 different accounts for the same breed
 RebelRox
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/25/2016 11:00:45 AM reply with quote send message to RebelRox Object to Post   

Hi All,

So question: Are you allowed to have two separate standard accounts for the same breed?

Any rules/regulations that need to be followed up with that ?
 GaylanStudio1
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/25/2016 12:41:14 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio1 Object to Post

Yes it is ok but you have to be careful how each interacts with the other.

It's easier if they are notably different - one is breeding a specific colour/trait while the other is focused on a different colour/trait or SOP, etc.

You can interbreed between them but financial arrangements must be consistent with what you do with other totally unrelated kennels - if you charge me $500 for a stud, you must charge the other kennel $500. Try not to deal exclusively with your other kennel. (If it's a rare breed, that is sometimes difficult if there are few/no other kennels in the breed.)

There is a built-in system check that will only allow a certain number of transactions and dollar amounts between any two kennels regardless of their connections and this will usually tell you when you are crossing the line.

The general guideline is that each kennel is run as a separate entity. Use common sense.
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
9/25/2016 12:49:27 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

I actually have a family account of 5 and only 3 breeds. 2 kennels have a breed, 2 other kennels have the same breed and 1 kennel of a separate breed. In the kennels hat I have the same breeds in, I dont cross them at all since they are color kennels.

My poodle kennels are different. One is for whites which are semi lower than all other colors, and the other account is for current SOPs, so I usually never cross. My Pumi account is the same way. Whites are all higher so I have a seperate kennel for all other colors in lower SOPs.
 apso s
Basic User

Basic User
9/25/2016 6:45:34 PM reply with quote send message to apso s Object to Post

Both kennel must be run as seperate kennels not one big kennel, so you couldn't say have one where you did all the breeding in and the other where you moved dogs to for showing or training or growing on ect
 Originality
Basic User

Basic User
9/25/2016 6:53:49 PM reply with quote send message to Originality Object to Post

I run 2 GSD kennels and as long as they're run separately, it's 100% fine.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.