Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Performance Events
 rhondacline
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/21/2016 11:43:30 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post   

I'm playing around with an idea in my head, brought on by a conversation I had with Alexandria this morning.

I mentioned to her how much detail/etc SimsPets players put into their game play. While I was walking the dog I started to wonder if maybe we could use some of their ideas to create a system where we could offer some performance titles for our SD dogs. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't think we'll ever see performance traits/events/titles offered through the game. But I would love to compete in Tracking or Coursing or Field Trials, etc. (I've been dabbling in Obedience - and I have a list of thoughts for an Obedience Poll, but I don't want to put anything else on Jeff's plate until the current updates are completed.)

Here are my thoughts -

For the Performance Traits - we can use the existing traits -
Head=Intelligence, Gait=Speed, Size=Strength
Front=Agility, Feet=Stamina ... etc

Each event will have a scoring formula that is crafted using how the actual event runs and is scored - the dog's traits - a breed/group bias - and a random factor. Using the specific event's formula, the event host would score the entered dogs.

We can use the Equus Sims Google Forms & Spreadsheet system to handle entries, running the shows and tracking scores and title requirements.
Entries are simple and running shows is usually pretty quick and easy.

Once the 'guidelines' are in place - anyone could host a show - they would just follow the established procedure and submit the scores when the event was complete.

The question is - is there anyone else interested in either helping put something like this together or participating in the events?

Artistri 2
Basic User

Basic User
10/21/2016 2:06:03 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri 2 Object to Post

Check out K9 the Game. The performance events there are great and go along with what you are talking about. I would love to have events like that in SD.
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
10/24/2016 7:55:59 AM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

It might be interesting. I know that I've dabbled in obedience and I liked it...the sessioning was long and drawn out but it was kind of fun. I haven't dabbled in it since I came back because I've had lots of success in the confirmation show ring and haven't wanted to divert my session resources from that.

I don't know enough about real life trials and stuff to help set it up but I'd love to participate. happy :)

Alexandria

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.