Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Leap Dogs
 Frijsland
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/19/2016 10:56:41 PM reply with quote send message to Frijsland Object to Post   

Someone called them leap dogs - puppies that suddenly come out significantly ahead of current SOP.

They are very welcome when they come ... but waiting for the rest of the breed to catch up can be tiresome.
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
11/20/2016 12:30:24 AM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

Hahaa yes - I do know what you mean happy :)

I once had a dog in a different breed that was born leaps and bounds ahead of the others. He was 165 days old before anyone else caught up to him! Talk about SLOW! lol!

I kept seeing his age on the screen and kept wondering to myself why I still had him as a stud and then I'd keep re-discovering the fact that he was *still* the highest SOP of the breed.

But then interestingly once the others in the breed caught up to him then the majority of the breed had a 'boost' and then they all charged ahead. It was like they suddenly decided that after such a long time on 'pause' they wanted some of the limelight :P
 Flush
Basic User

Basic User
11/20/2016 2:04:18 PM reply with quote send message to Flush Object to Post

I've heard them called Flyers.
 AirWolf
Basic User

Basic User
11/20/2016 9:06:20 PM reply with quote send message to AirWolf Object to Post

Speaking of Leap Dogs...

I am elated to have this boy pop out today!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15317534

His closest littermate is 86.95

I think the average has been 85-86's in my breed.
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
11/20/2016 9:26:27 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Wow - congrats!

He's stunning!

I love how he's just skipped the entire realm of 87% and gone straight to 88% :P

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.