Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Anyone else having weird things happening with sessioning?
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/27/2016 9:15:59 AM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post   

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

So I have mostly hounds in my kennels. I've had Dachshunds since 2011 and I'm well aware of how long they take to session. I have it down to a science by now.

Grooming is always finished first. Sometimes just as they turn 14 days. I'd say it's usually at 16 days tho. Muscle condition follows shortly, probably with an average of 20 days. And my with this stubborn little breed sessioning for obedience is usually 28 days before they reach a twenty. I've had a few that were only 25 days and several that have been 30/31 but 28 is usually how long it takes.

I have a dog in my other Dachshund kennel who hit 20 in obedience at 23 days...before it was done with anything else! It was kind of a weird sessioning because it wasn't a dog I bred myself. I purchased him fron another breeder to show. Usually, that means that I'll be sessioning for obedience for 30+ days. He just hit 20 in his grooming today (at 26 days) and he's still a 19 in muscle condition.

Even weirder than that is the fact I have a dog of a completely different breed who just did the same thing! German Spitz don't take nearly as long to session in obedience but it's still the last thing to be done.

I'm not complaining. I am really curious tho if anybody else has been seeing this phenomenon.

Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Lace Dreams on 11/27/2016 9:25:04 AM
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
11/27/2016 12:37:58 PM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

It's the food, as well as how well sessioned the parents where. I have also found timing is everything, one missed 'anything' and it throws it off days.
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
11/27/2016 12:40:17 PM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

it also pains me to see that folks would rather spend 15$ on sessions rather than feeding 8$ on food.

for what it's worth...
 Aldeberan
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/27/2016 1:54:33 PM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post

Yes, in one of my other kennels where I have Afghan Hounds, their condition is increasing much faster than it usually does. I'm feeling the same food, etc.

Afghans are the same, coat is fastest, then muscle, then obedience. But I have never before had condition at 20 before they are out of the puppy pen.

Not complaining either.
 Flush
Basic User

Basic User
11/27/2016 2:09:39 PM reply with quote send message to Flush Object to Post

Are you feeding 1777?
 Jinlong Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/27/2016 4:11:55 PM reply with quote send message to Jinlong Kennel Object to Post

I think the dogs are getting fed twice each day.

When I look at my account balance I see two Dog Food transactions for each day as far back as 11/17 - one paid and the other $0.00

I think it stems from when the dogs didn't get fed for 3 or 4 days and Jeff was going to feed them multiple times to make up for the missed days.

I just don't think it ever got 'turned off'
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/27/2016 8:54:10 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

While I haven't really noticed any difference with mine you could be right Jinlong, there are double feedings.

Gonna have a bunch of little porkers in our kennels at this rate.
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
11/30/2016 12:41:18 PM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

I do feed 1777. I start any show pups on it the moment I see them. If needs be, I feed 1777 as an adult but only if condition hasn't reached 20 yet.

Alexandria

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.