Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Age limit on Breeding
 Gracefield
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/19/2018 7:59:11 PM reply with quote send message to Gracefield Object to Post   

Is there an age limit that you can breed a bitch until?
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/19/2018 8:09:39 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Until she dies.

You can safely breed them well into old age but with a female you need to be aware of the chance she might die before giving birth.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/19/2018 8:09:58 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

nope, til death but older bitches can suddenly die before whelping so watch that
 Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/19/2018 9:25:29 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

I had three 700 + day girls drop litters the other day, as well as a 400 +day girl who then promptly passed away an hour or so later, while the 700ers are still clicking along.
 Gracefield
Basic User

Basic User
7/20/2018 7:01:23 AM reply with quote send message to Gracefield Object to Post

Ok. I had just bought a bitch and it wouldn't let me breed her, but then I saw she'd just whelped. (After I posted this). But still good to know they could die while pregnant!

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.