Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : NEW Next Events for Performance Dogs Program
 rhondacline
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/17/2018 8:53:26 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post   

Ok... Entries are open for this week's show.
We added Field Trials AND Hunt Tests to the line up this week.

Looking at the old poll... I will probably add Rally NOVICE
next week and I can also add the Herding Instinct Test
That will get us started in Rally AND Herding

But what comes next?

If you choose OTHER - please post the event/sport in the comments.
We don't have to offer everything - but if you would like to compete in a particular sport I'm happy to add it.

And it's kind of exciting, I have a little German Pinscher who nailed her Agility events last week. I can't wait to see how she does this week! It's possible she could have a title or two by the end of next week.

Thanks for voting!
NEW Next Events for Performance Dogs Program
Sled Dog 8.57%
Other
Coursing 8.57%
Barnhunt 20.00%
Schutzhund 2.86%
Farm Dog
Therapy Dog 8.57%
Weight Pull 5.71%
Field Trials Bea Bass Dach
Coonhound Trials 5.71%
Tracking 5.71%
Dock Diving 22.86%
Disc Dog 5.71%
Earthdog 5.71%
Carting/Draft Dog
30 Total Votes | Votes from premium users carry more weight.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2018 9:19:56 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

Question for those voting for Therapy Dog Title

for AKC this title is earned when you take your dog on X number of visits....

Therapy Dog Novice = 10 Visits
AKC Therapy Dog = 50 Visits
Therapy Dog Advanced = 100 Visits
Therapy Dog Excellent = 200 Visits
Therapy Dog Distinguished = 400 Visits

So there aren't really any events or tests
There's nothing judged

We could say that a dog with a certain combination of Temperament, Intelligence, Biddability and Reliability can achieve the first title (The pre-requisite of the traits account for the 10 visits)

But I'm not sure how we would handle accounting for 50 (100/200/400) visits. We would need for it to work out time wise using the game timeline of 30 RL days = 1 game year

for AKC you send them a list of visits.
for us maybe you come up with the time frame

1 you get the title - let's say as early as 14 GameDays ...

then you Visit Merry Olde Men Retirement home every Tuesday and Memorial Hospital once a week - so 2 visits a week it would take 50 weeks (let's just say a year) to hit the 50 visit level

So when your dog turns 44 GameDays (14+30) - you could send in a note with your scenario and if it's feasible - we would credit the visits and upgrade the title.

Just have to keep in mind believability..
You're probably not doing 5 visits a week - an the number of visits can't be too high if this is also a dog you're showing.

anyhow ... any other thoughts or ideas on this one??
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
10/14/2018 10:35:39 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

For SLED DOG - which program are you wanting to copy - it looks like AKC recognizes the Siberian Husky Club titles. So the titles are just available to Siberians?

Is there a different program open to more breeds?
Or do we just want to alter the program for the game and open it up to more breeds?
Or do you prefer to only offer the titles to Siberians?
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
10/17/2018 7:10:18 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

For those voting for Disc Dog Titles - can someone send me a link to an organization that offers those competitions/titles

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.