Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : How to Change Picture to image on the cloud
 Aerostar Kennels
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
12/21/2020 7:21:59 PM reply with quote send message to Aerostar Kennels Object to Post   

Have not been able to link to photos that I have on Google Drive or Amazon Cloud. After some testing it almost seems that Showdog is expecting an actual image in the URL (e.g. 'dog1.jpg'wink ;), whereas the cloud solutions give an encrypted URL without a filename. Has anyone been successful in changing pictures to those hosted by any of the major cloud solutions? Thank you.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/24/2020 6:48:22 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Back in the olden days we used Photobucket from where to upload images.
I don’t pay for PB so I can’t upload anymore images.

Not sure how it is done now.
Hopefully someone will respond to this.

Carol
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/25/2020 8:35:03 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

I just upload to tiny pic and use the link on SD.

Will
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/26/2020 12:57:57 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I don't think the "Clouds" work. They are just really remote drives, just like the one in your PC. I tried it with a Cloud and couldn't get it to work either. The photos have to be hosted on an actual website.

Photobucket used to work but they seem to have discontinued the hosting - the free version anyway. I set up a website with my internet provider ($26/month CDN). I haven't used it much yet but had plans . . .

Does TinyPic still work? If it does give that a try. I've seen a number of error messages where TinyPics are used.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 12/26/2020 1:12:11 PM
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/26/2020 2:05:58 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

posted by BarStar
I just upload to tiny pic and use the link on SD.

Will

I just went to Tiny Pic and it is no longer functioning.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/26/2020 3:49:43 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

https://imgur.com/ works too

Will

-----
Last edited by BarStar on 12/26/2020 3:51:34 PM
 Aerostar Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/24/2021 8:48:59 PM reply with quote send message to Aerostar Kennels Object to Post

Thank you all very much

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.