Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Source Dogs
 Delias Kennel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
8/2/2022 8:04:30 AM reply with quote send message to Delias Kennel Object to Post   

Question on source dogs:

When breeding do you look at the top bar genetic quality or the bottom. Obviously both are very different but important.

Thanks in advance
 TR Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/2/2022 9:58:30 AM reply with quote send message to TR Kennels Object to Post

Depends on the breed. I am into 2nd gen in Spinone Italiano in this kennel and head and gait are my main concern in them as they are the top rated traits in the breed.
 TR Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/2/2022 10:01:35 AM reply with quote send message to TR Kennels Object to Post

If you are doing something with corgis however I think I would concentrate on head and feet since those are the only two that aren't 10's in the breed.
 Delias Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/2/2022 10:10:19 AM reply with quote send message to Delias Kennel Object to Post

Working on feet right now. I’m just not sure what “section” I look at when breeding. The top genetic quality or the bottom. I have some throwing 90s but in reality it’s a 60.
 RoughDiamondKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/3/2022 5:00:38 PM reply with quote send message to RoughDiamondKennel Object to Post

Oh are you talking the old system or the new system settings? Honestly it’s just a personal preference- some like using the old system at first for source breeding as you can see the progression better, but eventually will have to switch over when that gets close to 100, because as you said, it’s not really 100 on the real sop system it’s lower.
 Delias Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/3/2022 5:19:58 PM reply with quote send message to Delias Kennel Object to Post

Thank you for understanding my nonsense!

Best,

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.