Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Question about old ratings
 Tarot
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
12/30/2022 12:09:47 AM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post   

I am trying to bring self-masked blue Afghans up to the current perfect state. I read that old ratings are helpful but the old ratings just show 10s everywhere. Is that because the SOP was reset in this breed?

https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=18260506
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/30/2022 6:09:55 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

The old ratings are really only helpful for low SOP dogs. At a certain point, they are not helpful for dogs past 90 SOP.
 Key Largo Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/1/2023 8:03:12 AM reply with quote send message to Key Largo Kennel Object to Post

I'm happy someone else is working on color in Afghans. I am trying to get a consistent line of color White.

Best of luck in your endeavor.
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/1/2023 2:38:22 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

It seems like every time I lose a color I can't find it again. The popularity is very variable I guess. I have a white bitch that I will be breeding again at some point to a dilute male of some kind. But then I again, I wanted a red brindle and I bred my red brindle male to every color under the sun until I finally got one.

-----
Last edited by Tarot on 1/1/2023 2:39:05 PM
 chestara
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2023 10:12:13 AM reply with quote send message to chestara Object to Post

What is the formula for figuring out the old system? I think I saw it posted once but cannot find it.
 Caulfeilds Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2023 10:47:31 AM reply with quote send message to Caulfeilds Kennels Object to Post

20-SS = X, divide by 2, add original SOP

Is this what you are looking for?
 Eclipse 207
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2023 12:09:58 PM reply with quote send message to Eclipse 207 Object to Post

HUH????

"20-SS = X, divide by 2, add original SOP"
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2023 10:57:05 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

20 is the max SS.
Subtract the dogs actual SS from 20
Divide that by 2
Add the result to the actual SOP
This gives the SOP had the SS been 20

I don't recall any calculation regarding the old ratings. I think Jeff would be the only one who knows what is behind the past reset calculations.

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.