Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Am I crazy or…?
 CzarinaKennels
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
5/26/2023 10:13:54 AM reply with quote send message to CzarinaKennels Object to Post   

I feel like I have been going crazy! Usually in the beginning quarter of the month I will check the SDWC judge to see if there’s any sex/breed preferences that I have going in my kennel to make sure I can pay extra attention on pushing those dogs/breeds this month. Almost every time I see that the judge prefers a breed/trait combo in a breed I have, I will go ahead and focus on that breed, only to see closer to the date of the show that it seems to be a different judge?! Do the judges on the SDWC change throughout the month to keep us on our toes or I am just crazy. The first few times this happened I just wrote it off thinking I must have made an error, looked at the wrong show whatever… but it seems to KEEP happening so I wanted to see if I am just crazy or if that’s a thing!
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/26/2023 10:42:38 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

I can't find the documentation in the Help section with the information, but the SDWC judge is based on the highest number of entries under that judge for the month. Terry Lopez has had 3 high entry shows this past month so he will currently judge.

So, the judge can change over the course of the month. Owner handle preferred judges usually have the highest numbers per month, but again I *believe* judges cannot be tapped for consecutive SDWCs. Will keep looking for that information...
 CzarinaKennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/26/2023 10:54:35 AM reply with quote send message to CzarinaKennels Object to Post

Thank you so much! That makes so much sense now! And I am very happy I am actually not going crazy!

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.