Search

.com Forum · Obedience Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : How many points or Q's?
 SmokeJumper Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/4/2015 12:39:52 PM reply with quote send message to SmokeJumper Kennel Object to Post   

I looked through the help section and couldn't find an answer. How many points does a dog need to get his CD, CDX, and UD? Or is it a certain number of Q's?

My guy took 10 points and a Q last night, so I'm just curious what he needs to get his CD happy :)
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
6/4/2015 3:20:09 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

CD, CDX and UD are not dependent on points.
You need 3 qualifying scores for each level/title.
Qualifying scores look at the dogs score, not points.

The points that are awarded are irrelevant to the title. (Currently, I believe they are used to calculate the top obedience players.)

Edited to add the info from the help pages:

Companion Dog (CD) - Novice

CD is the lowest title in obedience. It is earned by successfully qualifying three times in the Novice A/B class. It requires the first row of obedience skills: Heel on Leash (HoL), Figure Eight, Heel Free, Recall, Long Sit, Long Down.

Companion Dog Excellent (CDX) - Open

CDX is the middle title in obedience. It is earned by successfully qualifying three times in the Open A/B class. It requires the first and some second row of obedience skills: Drop on Recall, Retrieval on Flat (Ret on Flat), Retrieval over High Jump (Ret over High Jump), Broad Jump.

Utility Dog (UD) - Excellent

UD is the top title in obedience. It is earned by successfully qualifying three times in the Excellent A/B class. It requires all obedience skills: Signal Exercise, Scent Discrimination, Directed Retrieve, Moving Stand for Exam, Directed Jumping.

and from AKC:
Qualifying Score
A dog receives a qualifying score when it earns more than 50 percent of the points for each exercise, with a total of at least 170 points. A perfect score in any class is 200.

-----
Last edited by rhondacline on 6/4/2015 3:25:37 PM
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/4/2015 3:51:47 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Oh perfect, thank you!! So I guess my boy only needs one more Q to get his CD happy :)
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
6/4/2015 7:28:04 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

He should gain his CD tomorrow. Don't be surprised if you get a message saying he's gained his title but it's not showing alongside his name - it usually takes a day to add the title.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.