Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : upgrading to family account
 Sukai Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/12/2019 12:15:52 PM reply with quote send message to Sukai Kennel Object to Post   

a little off topic but still SD related, I have been playing this game off and on since i was in high school, and this pass yr. i upgraded to a standard account, In RL, I have a basenji that i show, this pass weekend my oldest kid who is 10 took interested in SD and asked for an account, now long story short she knows about internet safety and i will be less then 6 feet from her when she is on the site, In RL she is interested in showing and has asked about breeding of several different dogs that don't cross, would it be a good "method" shall we say to upgrade to family and give her own account
Thanks,
Sukai Kennel
upgrading to family account
0 Total Votes | Votes from premium users carry more weight.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/12/2019 1:20:19 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Well, a family account gives you 5 accounts total. Not sure how many you already operate, but if you just want 2 kennels, a family account wouldn't make sense economically for 2 kennels.

-----
Last edited by Comet Poodles on 11/12/2019 1:20:43 PM
 Sukai Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/12/2019 1:29:21 PM reply with quote send message to Sukai Kennel Object to Post

I would like to do some color projects with 2 breeds that's 4 kennels right there(mine, my daughter's, and 1 for english foxhounds and 1 for harriers) and i'm sure I can figure out what i can do with number 5. i think i would be set
 Degree
Basic User

Basic User
11/12/2019 3:32:12 PM reply with quote send message to Degree Object to Post

Then you should be all set happy :) It's a good value at $3.99 at kennel if you have the time for it.
 Sukai Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/13/2019 8:53:27 AM reply with quote send message to Sukai Kennel Object to Post

thanks for the input now another question when should i upgrade this current one is set to renew on the 29th of this month, I would like to do a monthly til end of december then go to 3 months

Basic User

Basic User
11/13/2019 12:09:52 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

I don't think it really matters that much - depends on your personal cash flow. I would tend to do it on the 27th or 28th so that it's easier to keep track of in February (lol). I would do it a day or two before the auto renewal so there is no lapse.

What you do need to remember is to cancel the single accounts through Paypal. Otherwise they will continue to auto-renew and you could end up paying twice for the same account.

Does it matter to you when the charges go through - beginning of the month, middle, end? If it does then that is when you need to make the changes - it's not that sophisticated a system that you can choose a start date.

Since you are already at the month-end, it's less complicated to stay with that period. You will have a minimal overlap when you cancel the old renewals.

Annaba
Basic User

Basic User
12/2/2019 3:14:38 PM reply with quote send message to Annaba Object to Post

Do you know if I ve 2 standard account (premium) If I change for a family account I can join my 2 others kennel or not ? thanks for advice
 Sukai Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/2/2019 5:35:51 PM reply with quote send message to Sukai Kennel Object to Post

for family you can add up to 5 accounts, just make sure that u cancel the other accounts through paypal or you will be charge for standard and family
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/2/2019 8:24:22 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Yes you can.

Upgrade one of your existing accounts to Family, then go to "Ny Account" (left side in the dark box under your name).

On the rught sude of this page you should see a "My Family Accounts| with a "Manage" link. You can then add your other Standard account and create 3 more for a total of 5.

The password for the new accounts should be the same as your upgraded Standard.

As noted previously - remember to cancel the single subscriptions for your original standard accounts otherwise you will end up paying twice for them.

Annaba
Basic User

Basic User
12/5/2019 6:00:15 AM reply with quote send message to Annaba Object to Post

Sound great Thanks you for your help!!

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.