Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : starter dog Q
 ambertal
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/15/2019 8:32:10 AM reply with quote send message to ambertal Object to Post   

Would it be worth the money to enter any in confirmation show? I created a few and wondered about that. I'm going to be working with them and put OB title on each then sell them.
 LoupGarou
Basic User
Forum Moderator

Basic User Forum Moderator
12/15/2019 9:27:29 AM reply with quote send message to LoupGarou Object to Post

It really depends on the breed. I have finished a starter Chihuahua and will be finishing a Toy Fox Terrier soon (you'd be welcome to join us in both breeds, by the way!). However, you'd be wasting your time to show a starter in the more popular breeds.
 ambertal
Basic User

Basic User
12/15/2019 1:02:43 PM reply with quote send message to ambertal Object to Post

Okay. Four of my five are starter - a Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Belgian Sheepdog, and two Labrador Retrievers. I did pick up an established Labrador Retriever. All are male.

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.