Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Feeding brood stock
 Dark Mirage
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/27/2019 7:33:05 PM reply with quote send message to Dark Mirage Object to Post   

It's been seven years since I've played, and I can't find the answer in the Help section or forums (although maybe I am just not looking in the right place).

For a dog that will be bred, is sessioning necessary? Is the quality of a litter any different if a brood bitch is sessioned and has high condition vs. one that isn't? I bought a bitch with the intention to breed her, but do I need to get her condition up first? I can't remember!!

I'm glad to be back!
 GaylanStudio6
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/27/2019 9:27:18 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio6 Object to Post

As far as breeding goes only the bitche's condition matters. The pups are born at a lower condition and take longer to session up themselves. If she is just a point or two short of 20 it likely won't make that much difference though I would think. I do not believe the quality of the litter suffers otherwise.

Yes, you need to get Marigold's condition up with good food. Also, she is not breedable before 30 days.
 Dark Mirage
Basic User

Basic User
12/28/2019 12:52:59 AM reply with quote send message to Dark Mirage Object to Post

Yes, I know she isn't quite old enough. I'm glad I'm not nuts that I thought condition had to be higher for the litter to be born with decent condition. Thanks!

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.