Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Conditioning
 This Old Barn
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/3/2020 6:53:03 PM reply with quote send message to This Old Barn Object to Post   

How fast does conditioning work?
The girl I just purchased was super low on conditioning just a 6. I switched her to super duper puppy food the best a basic player can get since she is not even double digits. Her conditioning has only increased by .1 in 3 days.
I didn’t expect like 20 over night but .1 increase in 3 days on the best puppy food seems a little slow for me. If she increases by another .1 tomorrow that would mean in around 30 days she would only be at conditioning of 7 and that is ONLY if she gains another .1 tomorrow. It would still mean that she might be showable by June. Does it normally take almost 5-6 months for conditions to be max? Suggestions? Am I doing something wrong?

She was low on her other stats also but those are increasing as I expected.
Conditioning
0 Total Votes | Votes from premium users carry more weight.
 Starlake Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/3/2020 7:40:20 PM reply with quote send message to Starlake Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

My 3 day old Aussie pup is also on super duper puppy formula and is at 12.8 conditioning (was 12.6 yesterday). Perhaps the parents of your pup weren’t on very good rations? Or breeder didn’t session the pup?

-----
Last edited by Starlake Kennels on 1/3/2020 7:41:05 PM
 This Old Barn
Basic User

Basic User
1/3/2020 8:18:05 PM reply with quote send message to This Old Barn Object to Post

I don’t think the breeder did anything with the pups before selling her. She was on ol Roy when I got her at age 3 or whatever the cheapest puppy food was. Her mom also has low conditioning. Does that just mean she will take forever to condition?
Ik some breeders if you ask will put the pups on quality food before sailing to a basic to help but that unfortunately didn’t happen this time.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/3/2020 9:05:11 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

For situations like this.... Put your dog on Top Dog Condition... and session all three of the other traits...

The condition food will raise it the fastest and sessioning will keep your muscle and coat going up too.
 DMTwo
Basic User

Basic User
1/3/2020 10:36:05 PM reply with quote send message to DMTwo Object to Post

Top Dog condition even for a puppy? Or only after 14 days?
 Pembroke Pixie Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2020 10:00:32 AM reply with quote send message to Pembroke Pixie Kennel Object to Post

Top Dog after 14 days, feeding adult food to a puppy will only reduce condition.
 Pembroke Pixie Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2020 10:00:34 AM reply with quote send message to Pembroke Pixie Kennel Object to Post

Top Dog after 14 days, feeding adult food to a puppy will only reduce condition.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.