Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Unable to sell to a kennel
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
3/19/2020 12:11:35 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post   

Since there are so few breeders left in American Cockers, I rarely sell any pups.
We have been trying to bring back the Silver variety and there is another kennel who is trying this too.
This kennel has bought several dogs from me, sessioned and finished them. I only sell what I don't want.
I have 3 Silver pups that I don't want and asked the kennel if they wanted them before I FH'd them. the kennel offered on the remaining 3.
It appears SD thinks we are a "Cooperative" they think I have been Assimilated...LOL

I guess if a third party saw the breeder of the dogs in this kennel, they would think that.
I have been here too long to try any underhanded stuff like that.
Anyways, just thought I would share this with you all. Some may be in the same boat...who knows.

Carol
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/19/2020 7:02:48 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Has the kennel bought a good bit from you lately?

It will flag a sale if you've been the majority of their expenditures in the last month.

Maybe move them to one of your other kennels and then place them up for sale...

Will
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/19/2020 10:45:09 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Same thing happened to me in one of my other kennels. The buyer just bought the dog from one of her other kennels then resold it. It also takes into account stud fees. First time it's ever happened to me in 11 years.
 BlaznHot
Basic User

Basic User
3/20/2020 4:52:01 AM reply with quote send message to BlaznHot Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

The same thing is happening to me!!! Ridiculous thing is, our 30-day total to each other is something like $100 & I have bought/sold more to/from other people!

So dang frustrating!

-----
Last edited by BlaznHot on 3/20/2020 4:52:54 AM
 Silver Ring Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/20/2020 10:24:46 AM reply with quote send message to Silver Ring Kennel Object to Post

I have had the same problem purchasing Brussels Griffons from Stephval. We are having to wait a month so I can get other dogs sad :( Now my daughter has joined and is also going to be playing with this breed so she shouldn't have any problems getting them since she is a whole different kennel.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/20/2020 10:30:24 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

posted by BarStar
Has the kennel bought a good bit from you lately?

It will flag a sale if you've been the majority of their expenditures in the last month.

Maybe move them to one of your other kennels and then place them up for sale...

Will

Hi Will,

Maybe they have. I counted how many in their kennel I have bred and there are a lot.I do not know this person st all.

I hadn’t read this before I actually did just what you suggested.
I feel this is sneaky and it would be if we were a “Cooperative” which we are definitely not.

Thanks

Carol
 CheekyMonkeyKennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/20/2020 12:01:53 PM reply with quote send message to CheekyMonkeyKennels Object to Post

posted by Silver Ring Kennel
I have had the same problem purchasing Brussels Griffons from Stephval. We are having to wait a month so I can get other dogs sad :( Now my daughter has joined and is also going to be playing with this breed so she shouldn't have any problems getting them since she is a whole different kennel.
Your IP address might unstick you
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/20/2020 4:29:47 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Carol,

It sounds like a glitch. And you stated publicly what you were doing and why... I think you are covered.

Nothing sketchy about it at all.

Will
 Dogs of Show
Basic User

Basic User
3/21/2020 5:47:14 PM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Show Object to Post

Could it be the purchase limit kicking in?
You can not buy more than 5 dogs per week or 10 per month from the same kennel

https://www.showdog.com/help/topic.aspx?id=70
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/21/2020 10:45:59 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

posted by Dogs of Show
Could it be the purchase limit kicking in?
You can not buy more than 5 dogs per week or 10 per month from the same kennel

https://www.showdog.com/help/topic.aspx?id=70

They bought 2 pups in January then again 1 on March 16.
I had 3 available and when I went to accept the 2 offers, this is what came up:

There is a bit of a gray area regarding just how much business can be done between two kennels before they are acting as a cooperative. In order to ensure that kennels are operated independently of each other, certain restrictions are put into place to ensure fair play.

These percentages and numbers are only listed here in the spirit of providing information. The bottom line is the system will prevent users from operating as a cooperative. You don't need to keep track of how much you've bought from another user, the system does it automatically and blocks sales that would go over the line.

Restrictions

Dog Purchases

You may not purchase a dog from somebody you have bought $1,000 or more in combined dog/stud fees in the past month if that amount is above 66% of your total user to user transactions.

Stud Fees

You may not purchase a dog from somebody you have bought $1,000 ore more in combined dog/stud fees in the past month if that amount is above 80% of your total user to user transactions.
 BlaznHot
Basic User

Basic User
3/23/2020 3:28:15 AM reply with quote send message to BlaznHot Object to Post

I'm a bit sick of this, there aren't many people involved in each breed so of course there's a small group of people that are buying & selling dogs to each other.

Is the limit actually $1000 because I haven't reached anywhere near that buying or selling from anyone on my 30-day list.

Nymble Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2020 10:43:17 PM reply with quote send message to Nymble Kennels Object to Post

posted by BlaznHot
The same thing is happening to me!!! Ridiculous thing is, our 30-day total to each other is something like $100 & I have bought/sold more to/from other people!

So dang frustrating!

-----
Last edited by BlaznHot on 3/20/2020 4:52:54 AM

This happened to me. I had come back from a break and tried to buy a couple puppies from another Afghan account and it wouldn’t let me-the 3 month history was less than $500 in stud fees back and forth, much less the 30 day window. It’s frustrating.

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.