Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Attachment to our virtual dogs
 Silver Ring Kennel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
5/6/2020 7:13:12 AM reply with quote send message to Silver Ring Kennel Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Anyone else attached to their computer dogs lol? Do you have a favorite?

-----
Last edited by Silver Ring Kennel on 5/6/2020 7:13:39 AM
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/6/2020 10:20:38 AM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

It's ridiculous. Some I love, some I don't care much about. I don't know if it has to do with the names or what. But yes, I am extremely attached to some of them. I always have favorites in every generation, some breeds more than others. It's insane.
 Aldeberan
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/6/2020 12:38:38 PM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post

When it's time to 'get rid' of a dog, this is what I do. I just did it for a male Standard. First I retire him. Then after I keep him for a while, if he isn't particularly special (like this one is a GCh but no BIS or big wins) I will quickly hit the FH button and yes, I turn away.

What is wrong with us???
 Intrinsicc
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/6/2020 3:14:51 PM reply with quote send message to Intrinsicc Object to Post

It’s true some of them just become favorites and it is hard to
let go.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/6/2020 4:34:15 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

I always would rather fh them when time comes then let the age out.

The FH thought always makes me think I am just finding a wonderful pet home.

Will
 Gower Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/7/2020 10:15:31 PM reply with quote send message to Gower Kennel Object to Post

I try to only get attached to the dogs that I bred that are also successful in the show ring. But it doesn't always work.

Stud dogs are a dime a dozen to me but for some reason I have a hard time getting rid of my brood bitches. I have found myself breeding a lot recently so I can only keep the best of the best at all times; that seems to help me.
 Silver Ring Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/8/2020 10:17:16 AM reply with quote send message to Silver Ring Kennel Object to Post

I am having a hard time sorting through my "keepers". I know that the adults will be replaced by their better puppy counterparts but what about the great temperament on this one and the better coat over here, etc, etc. Then there is the matter of coat colors and varieties, "How can I possibly give this one up when I only have two blah blah blah." I need them all sad :(
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/8/2020 12:31:13 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Exactly
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/8/2020 5:09:08 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

We need a higher kennel limit!
 Royaume
Basic User

Basic User
6/1/2020 9:51:17 AM reply with quote send message to Royaume Object to Post

posted by gaylanstudio
I totally agree!

I think that there should not be a limit...
 Silver Ring Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/2/2020 11:07:44 AM reply with quote send message to Silver Ring Kennel Object to Post

posted by gaylanstudio
Agree

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.