Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Traced my current dogs back to my original lines!
 PicketFence Kennels
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
8/2/2020 11:36:02 AM reply with quote send message to PicketFence Kennels Object to Post   

I thought this was so cool and wanted to share.

I've played Showdog off and on for ~15 years. Been back on for several months now and I had been wondering if any of my current dogs could be traced back to my original lines from way back when. So I took a couple of hours to trace bloodlines and it worked! One of my newest litters of puppies is distantly descended from my very first homebred champion, CH PicketFs Cindy Lou Who UD, Bronze Dam, born 6/8/2005. There are 80 generations between them. It was cool to see the bloodlines pass through different breeders, most of whom have since left the game, and come full circle back to my kennel. happy :)
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/2/2020 1:01:34 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

That's amazing! Congratulations. I'm not sure if I have the patience to trace back that far but I started in about 2003 in American Cockers. I've never actually quit plying with them but have had one or two periods of dormancy and did a prtial restart with old dogs and someone else's line.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/2/2020 2:46:20 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Good for you.
Yes, i did this once also.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/2/2020 3:36:20 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Thats cool. Do they got back to Supergirl or Superman that I showed for you?

Will
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/2/2020 9:20:08 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

I have done this, I started in 2008. Need to do it again though, it's been a while. I actually have a couple of IWS because my first litter on SD was them. Have to keep it going, which is why I have too many dogs. And in a breed like that I have to breed really close (too close) but as long as I get a pup I don't care.
 Blue Moon Collies
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/4/2020 5:01:31 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Moon Collies Object to Post

I love doing this and can trace this dog back back to my original source dog!
https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=17271953

Source dog (my first ever on ShowDog!)
https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?name=Moonlight%20Rhapsody
 PicketFence Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/5/2020 9:09:38 AM reply with quote send message to PicketFence Kennels Object to Post

Thanks guys! Blue Moon, that’s an amazing accomplishment, congratulations! And Will, I’m not sure about Supergirl, but the lines did trace through her sire Karbon Kopy. I’m excited that you remember showing her, that was so long ago! happy :)
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/5/2020 3:50:35 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Yep! I showed her and her brother. My first cardigans in the game if I remember correctly.

I did just start a Pembroke kennel, and grabbed a Cardi brood to just tinker with. Might have to hit you up for a stud use later. laugh :D

Will
 PicketFence Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/5/2020 6:58:47 PM reply with quote send message to PicketFence Kennels Object to Post

Absolutely!! laugh :D
 Running Coyote
Basic User

Basic User
8/7/2020 3:28:45 PM reply with quote send message to Running Coyote Object to Post

That's amazing!!

I was trying to get some dogs from my original line and kennel but everything is defunct on the breed now (GWPs) so I'm playing with a new breed who caught my fancy.
 Running Coyote
Basic User

Basic User
8/7/2020 3:28:45 PM reply with quote send message to Running Coyote Object to Post

That's amazing!!

I was trying to get some dogs from my original line and kennel but everything is defunct on the breed now (GWPs) so I'm playing with a new breed who caught my fancy.
 Slipping Shadows
Basic User

Basic User
8/7/2020 3:41:43 PM reply with quote send message to Slipping Shadows Object to Post

I just did out of curiosity and found some of my old Aussie lines in there! How cool!
 MoonKennels17
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/1/2020 11:21:27 AM reply with quote send message to MoonKennels17 Object to Post

I recently did this as well after a two year absents. I was able to track down descendants of my original cavalier line. It was pretty cool!

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.