Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Issues upgrading
 batling
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/19/2020 11:52:08 AM reply with quote send message to batling Object to Post   

I purchased two 1-month subs for two different accounts, but neither of them have been upgraded. I checked to make sure I paid, and it's on my PayPal activity AND billed on my card already. However, I didn't receive the receipts PayPal typically emails. I did get the emails stating I cancelled my reoccurring payments though.

I texted Jeff but I haven't heard back. I really don't want to call, because I feel really anxious about that sort of thing. What else can I do?
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/19/2020 6:23:34 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Call Jeff at the number below.
 batling
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2020 7:55:32 PM reply with quote send message to batling Object to Post

posted by Clwyd Cockers
Call Jeff at the number below.
Thats my only option? :/
 Silver Ring Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/19/2020 8:34:35 PM reply with quote send message to Silver Ring Kennel Object to Post

You could try to figure it out by looking over your PayPal account and possibly have your issue resolved by contacting them.
 batling
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2020 2:08:47 AM reply with quote send message to batling Object to Post

posted by Silver Ring Kennel
You could try to figure it out by looking over your PayPal account and possibly have your issue resolved by contacting them.
I think I might just do that. I feel really uncomfortable with calling his personal cell. I'll wait a week for a response, and then I'll contact PayPal.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/20/2020 3:31:12 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Heads up!

This issue has plagued ShowHorse for months!

PayPal will issue a refund but the "fix" I think is in Jeff's court.

I upgraded a ShowDog single to Family on September 9th and it worked ok.

Upgrades of any sort do not work on ShowHorse although existing subs auto-renew just fine.

Until this is resolved you should not let your subs lapse - you will probably not be able to start them again.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 10/20/2020 3:46:48 PM
 Canmore Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/22/2020 2:45:17 PM reply with quote send message to Canmore Kennels Object to Post

Batling!

Tell us how you got it fixed!
 Meriones Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/22/2020 4:00:59 PM reply with quote send message to Meriones Kennel Object to Post

I can't even make an account on Showhorse. Is that a known bug too?
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/22/2020 9:45:54 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Yep. Haven't been able to make an account for - oh, two or three years now. If you have a Family with an open spot (ie you drop one account to Basic) you can create a new one within the Fam but now you can't subscribe it as a standalone.

We had a good number of folks try to return to the game with the pandemic thing but if their sub had lapsed they can't restart them. One person apparently nagged him by phone and got one of her Fams upgraded but another couldn't cope with the overseas phone costs. She was a good player in the paat so I gave her a couple of spots on my sub.

We also can't do private sales between accounts. So far (Knock on wood) the auctions still work so we can put them in short auction (1 hour) and move them that way.

And yet we still continue to send him money every month. Go figure.

If you want to play as a Basic I have severl old Basic accounts with cash tht I can give you.
 Meriones Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/23/2020 11:32:00 AM reply with quote send message to Meriones Kennel Object to Post

Thanks for the offer but it seems more trouble than it's worth if I won't be able to upgrade so I'll stick to Showdog.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/23/2020 7:38:53 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

That's too bad. I keep hoping that if we could get more folks to get interested in ShowHorse again it might motivate Admin to fixing some of these issues.

Anyone who would like to give it a shot, just ask!
 Vernon Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2020 2:46:32 PM reply with quote send message to Vernon Kennels Object to Post

I used to play ShowHorse and I can’t remember my login information whatsoever. I tried to make a new account and nothing. I even message Jeff about it -nothing. I even started to play ShowCattle. It’s always nice to have something to pass the time.

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.