Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : How to Change Picture to image on the cloud
 Aerostar Kennels
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
12/21/2020 7:21:59 PM reply with quote send message to Aerostar Kennels Object to Post   

Have not been able to link to photos that I have on Google Drive or Amazon Cloud. After some testing it almost seems that Showdog is expecting an actual image in the URL (e.g. 'dog1.jpg'wink ;), whereas the cloud solutions give an encrypted URL without a filename. Has anyone been successful in changing pictures to those hosted by any of the major cloud solutions? Thank you.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/24/2020 6:48:22 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Back in the olden days we used Photobucket from where to upload images.
I don’t pay for PB so I can’t upload anymore images.

Not sure how it is done now.
Hopefully someone will respond to this.

Carol
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/25/2020 8:35:03 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

I just upload to tiny pic and use the link on SD.

Will
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/26/2020 12:57:57 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I don't think the "Clouds" work. They are just really remote drives, just like the one in your PC. I tried it with a Cloud and couldn't get it to work either. The photos have to be hosted on an actual website.

Photobucket used to work but they seem to have discontinued the hosting - the free version anyway. I set up a website with my internet provider ($26/month CDN). I haven't used it much yet but had plans . . .

Does TinyPic still work? If it does give that a try. I've seen a number of error messages where TinyPics are used.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 12/26/2020 1:12:11 PM
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/26/2020 2:05:58 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

posted by BarStar
I just upload to tiny pic and use the link on SD.

Will

I just went to Tiny Pic and it is no longer functioning.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/26/2020 3:49:43 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

https://imgur.com/ works too

Will

-----
Last edited by BarStar on 12/26/2020 3:51:34 PM
 Aerostar Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/24/2021 8:48:59 PM reply with quote send message to Aerostar Kennels Object to Post

Thank you all very much

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.