.com Forum · Herding Breeds

Replies in this thread : 47
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Shelties Or Border Collie
 SnoopyFan
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/6/2007 8:11:18 PM reply with quote send message to SnoopyFan Object to Post   

Which do you think is better Sheltie or Collie

I like shelties better Collies are okay
 Flashgirl
Basic User

Basic User
2/7/2007 4:20:46 AM reply with quote send message to Flashgirl Object to Post

I have both........ brilliant !!
 mosey_raison
Basic User

Basic User
2/9/2007 3:16:22 PM reply with quote send message to mosey_raison Object to Post

i have both too! as well as Australian Kelpies laugh :D
 Urban country Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/9/2007 4:51:04 PM reply with quote send message to Urban country Kennels Object to Post

I have a sheltie,and my neighbors breed border collies.I prefer sheltie though because my neighbors collies have temper problems.
 Agilityluver
Basic User

Basic User
2/9/2007 10:34:21 PM reply with quote send message to Agilityluver Object to Post

About the temper, thats prbly just poor breeding lines( no offense to your neigbor) but I think it depends, I want a Border Collie, but I already have three small dogs, and I want to try Agility with a big dog...
 Starlit Acres
Basic User

Basic User
2/9/2007 11:49:39 PM reply with quote send message to Starlit Acres Object to Post

LOL I love 'em both! But I must say I favor the BCshappy :)

Star
 Pups To Love
Basic User

Basic User
2/15/2007 11:24:54 AM reply with quote send message to Pups To Love Object to Post

I love colies.lol.
 Urban country Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/16/2007 5:18:21 PM reply with quote send message to Urban country Kennels Object to Post

Heres my baby!!!Lil' bitty Tiff Taff a.k.a Taffy.
Or,in her CKC registered name,"Kippy's Heaven"

Apple Brook
Basic User

Basic User
2/16/2007 5:33:16 PM reply with quote send message to Apple Brook Object to Post

Shetland Sheepees are more laid back.
 Urban country Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/16/2007 5:50:57 PM reply with quote send message to Urban country Kennels Object to Post

posted by Agilityluver
About the temper, thats prbly just poor breeding lines( no offense to your neigbor) but I think it depends, I want a Border Collie, but I already have three small dogs, and I want to try Agility with a big dog...
No offence taken!!Those dogs are pure mean!They use their own home-bred lines and it looks like they mixed aussie into them.
 Hooded Dame Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/28/2007 12:44:34 PM reply with quote send message to Hooded Dame Kennels Object to Post

Shetland Sheepdogs, my friend has three and they're cute as well as kind and nice. She shows one of them
 Dandylion Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/28/2007 4:05:32 PM reply with quote send message to Dandylion Kennel Object to Post

I'd have to say BC's happy :) Shelties have to much hair wink ;)

Dandy
 Agilityluver
Basic User

Basic User
3/1/2007 9:19:35 PM reply with quote send message to Agilityluver Object to Post

I think that it compleatly depends on what size of dog you want, personality and energy level, ect., from my exeperiance seem to be about the same, BC's do need to be kept a little busier than shealties though.
 penpals
Basic User

Basic User
3/21/2007 8:04:32 PM reply with quote send message to penpals Object to Post

I <3 collies they are soooooo sooooooo beautiful
 Brewer farm
Basic User

Basic User
3/22/2007 5:45:52 PM reply with quote send message to Brewer farm Object to Post

Um... IF this is about getting a SIM dog then it is ok here but then you all shouldnt be posting pics and talking about tempts. If you are talking about a Real life dog it does in the real show dogs fourm. This fourm is NOT for real life diccussion.

Dianehappy :)
 von Adamshaus
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2007 9:42:36 AM reply with quote send message to von Adamshaus Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Urban country Kennels
I have a sheltie,and my neighbors breed border collies.I prefer sheltie though because my neighbors collies have temper problems.
Border Collies are not Collieshappy :)

I prefer Border Collies. They're my second favorite breed of all time because they're extremely smart, extremely athletic, and a lot of fun to be around.

-Lena

*ETA, my bad, I just noticed the OP was the first one to say Border Collies. So, to the OP: Border Collies and Collies are completely different.
 Lakestar
Basic User

Basic User
4/10/2007 2:10:58 PM reply with quote send message to Lakestar Object to Post

I would have to go with a sheltie {own 6 of them}LOL

They are both really smart dogs and learn quick...border collies are a lot more active and need a lot more exercise! Shelties are calm....depends on how you raise them...but usually they are calm!

Anna
 PuppyloverofMoose
Basic User

Basic User
4/19/2007 9:35:22 AM reply with quote send message to PuppyloverofMoose Object to Post

I like both but border collies are a little too hiper for me.
 Scotlands Pride
Basic User

Basic User
4/19/2007 9:39:48 AM reply with quote send message to Scotlands Pride Object to Post

posted by Brewer farm
Um... IF this is about getting a SIM dog then it is ok here but then you all shouldnt be posting pics and talking about tempts. If you are talking about a Real life dog it does in the real show dogs fourm. This fourm is NOT for real life diccussion.

Dianehappy :)

The only thing it says about this forum is
"Herding Breeds
Cattle Dogs, Shepherds, etc."
I'm sure RL HERDING BREEDS can be talked about here.

I like Border Collies and own them irl
 Corgi Crazy Type Of Person
Basic User

Basic User
4/19/2007 10:11:41 AM reply with quote send message to Corgi Crazy Type Of Person Object to Post

Both I can't decide!^_^
 Forever Dog Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
4/21/2007 2:00:35 PM reply with quote send message to Forever Dog Kennel Object to Post

border collies they rock the kennels!and other dogs do to i like both dogs but id pick border collie.i like all the dogs i have.i hope you do to.and the one you pick i hope will do great with you!

Replies in this thread : 47
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.