Search

.com Forum · Banner Making Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Hi old friends!! I wanted to say thanks :)
 anniemariel99
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/23/2021 11:45:20 PM reply with quote send message to anniemariel99 Object to Post   

I randomly remembered this site existed and managed to guess my password into one of my old accounts. I signed up here probably at age 8 or so, and quickly got sucked into the world of banners and teaching myself photoshop with the help of the lovely people in this forum. Fast forward to me at age 22, now a professional graphic designer! I literally owe my career to this weird little sim game and the incredibly helpful folks on here who shared tutorials and gave me critiques as a child, helping me learn to take feedback and develop an eye for design. I just wanted to pop on and say hi, as well as thank you to anyone else who’s still kicking around on here!
 anniemariel99
Basic User

Basic User
3/23/2021 11:47:27 PM reply with quote send message to anniemariel99 Object to Post

(This site is ALSO responsible for child me’s use of the British spellings of words like colour as a result of mostly interacting with other designers living outside the USA. I got yelled at by my teachers but now looking back it was so precious.)
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/6/2021 7:29:51 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

It's great to hear from you little kids we helped "raise" - lol. I've been around since 2003 and am now an old retired "fogey".

El Caballo Blanco
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/13/2021 11:18:01 PM reply with quote send message to El Caballo Blanco Object to Post

Same thing for me!
Although I started on a different game but came over here more actively in 2011 and was able to do banners quite a bit and learn a lot, and eventually had my own business going for a while.
All the best to you happy :)
 WishMaker
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/14/2021 10:49:21 PM reply with quote send message to WishMaker Object to Post

Love hearing that this site and banner makers inspired you to get into graphic designing. I'm one of the oldies who started back in 2005. I used to be very active in making banners from about 2007-2010. I haven't made a banner in probably a year.
 Starlite and the Stars
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/29/2021 11:24:50 AM reply with quote send message to Starlite and the Stars Object to Post

Wonderful update to hear. I too 0layed many years ago, but can't seem to get back into my old kennel (Starlites Stars) so started a new one.
Glad to hear this site made a positive, lasting contribution to you!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/29/2021 11:42:30 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Welcome back Starlight!

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler