.com Forum · Canadian Forum

Replies in this thread : 31
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Mytologia
Basic User

Basic User
4/14/2007 6:28:36 PM reply with quote send message to Mytologia Object to Post

Oh noooooooo, no more Snow! I live in the heart of BC, and we get quite an oustanding bit of snow,, which leads to the hating of it! lol

Mytologia Myth
 SureShot
Basic User

Basic User
4/15/2007 11:47:35 AM reply with quote send message to SureShot Object to Post

I love in Northern Alberta...it was snowing here still jsut a couple days ago. I'm so SICK of it!
 Puppy central
Basic User

Basic User
4/20/2007 5:08:10 PM reply with quote send message to Puppy central Object to Post

I have hads snow since like October, In places around Edmonton their is still a small layer of snow. I do love snow, but I also like summer.
 PawsitivelyPets
Basic User

Basic User
7/3/2007 2:21:27 PM reply with quote send message to PawsitivelyPets Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I think our opinion concerning gay marriage and rights is just as vast as our landscape.
I live in Ontario and personally think it is truly a wonderful region to live in. And with so much to offer:
Wasaga Beach and the longest freshwater beach in the world,
Niagara Falls and the wine region,
Provincial parks (Algonquin,etc)
Canadian Shield,
Ottawa's Rideau Canal - longest skating 'rink' during the winter,
the numerous lakes,
the fertile soil of Bradford - Innisfil area (Central Ontario)
Molson Park in Barrie and the drive-thru beer store! (gone now sad :( )
I drove along Georgian Bay a few weeks ago and it really is breathtaking.
I've been fortunate enough to live in various areas of Ontario (London, Ottawa, North Bay, Toronto and Innisfil/Barrie) and each area has something remarkable to offer. And I know that the rest of the country is just as wonerful.
Both Canada and the States have an amazing range of landscapes that captivate our attention.

And as for making derogatory remarks against gay folk or anyone else - it is not necessarily illegal but you can be charged with hate crime, similar to anywhere else that condemns intolerance.
 Toby Love Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/4/2007 7:00:55 PM reply with quote send message to Toby Love Kennels Object to Post

Did you think i was making hate speech by what i said?
Toby
 PawsitivelyPets
Basic User

Basic User
7/6/2007 11:26:27 AM reply with quote send message to PawsitivelyPets Object to Post

Sorry I was not clear with my long-winded answer!
I simply meant to state that in Canada it could be viewed as a "hate crime" if any negative comments are made about any particular group.
But then again, our legal system is severly flawed right now...
 Canadienne
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2007 8:10:24 AM reply with quote send message to Canadienne Object to Post

The law (which makes me proud to be Canadian happy :)) actually is:

1. If it can be shown that the speech was so abusive that it was likely to incite listeners or readers into violent action against an identifiable group, and if the the speech was made in a public place, then a person could be convicted.
2. If the speech promoted hatred against an identifiable group, but was not likely to incite a listener to violence, then a person could still be convicted. However there are many safeguards that could give that person immunity. A person could not be convicted if:
- The hate speech was expressed during a private conversation.
- If the person can establish that the statements made are true.
- If, "in good faith, he expressed or attempted to establish by argument an opinion on a religious subject."
- If the statements were relevant to any subject of public interest, and if, on reasonable grounds, the person believed them to be true. This would give additional protection for the clergy.
- If he described material that might generate feelings of hatred for an identifiable group "for the purpose of removal" of that hatred.
- If the provincial Attorney General refused to give permission. The Attorney General's consent is required before charges can be laid..

In this section of the Code, the term "statements" includes spoken words, written words, published text, gestures, signs and other visible representations.

The Code permits up to two years in prison for anyone convicted of a hate crime. It permits the government to confiscate any literature that was used in conjunction with the hate speech.
 DodgecityKennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2007 8:23:29 PM reply with quote send message to DodgecityKennels Object to Post

BC has desert too, around Osoyoos.
 Min Pin Haven
Basic User

Basic User
8/18/2007 1:19:45 PM reply with quote send message to Min Pin Haven Object to Post

No, thats not true. My gay friend had lots said about him and nothing happened.
 GraceInGlory
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/22/2007 11:56:49 PM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post

posted by Mytologia
Alberta, Saskatchewan, and most of Manitoba are Prarie lands, flat and empty for miles.

Well that's just not true wink ;)
Alberta shares the Rocky Mountains with BC, Saskatchewan shares Cyprus Hills Provincial Park with Alberta (which has the highest elevation in Canada between the Rocky Moutains and Labrador!) And you'd be crazy to call Manitoba flat! All the rolling hills... they may not be mountains or cliffs but they're big hills!

There is the prairie "grain belt" that runs through the south/centre of the 3 provinces, but to the north and south is anything but flat and empty!

GIG
 SureShot
Basic User

Basic User
8/23/2007 11:59:06 AM reply with quote send message to SureShot Object to Post

Grace is right. Alberta has a glorious and varied landscape. We have prairie, lakes, forets, mountains, foothills, desert...Ever see the Hoodoos? They're really a sight to behold.

Replies in this thread : 31
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing