Search

.com Forum · Herding Breeds

Replies in this thread : 25
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : What Herding breed do you favor?
 Grinding Rocks
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/1/2007 7:11:36 AM reply with quote send message to Grinding Rocks Object to Post   

So what Herding breed DO YOU favor?
 Golden Beauty Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/1/2007 7:12:08 AM reply with quote send message to Golden Beauty Kennels Object to Post

Collies all the way.
 True Vallhundian Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
3/1/2007 7:13:38 AM reply with quote send message to True Vallhundian Kennel Object to Post

shelties are my #1!followed by vallies. razz :p wink ;) laugh :D
 8-J Ranch
Basic User

Basic User
3/1/2007 2:29:34 PM reply with quote send message to 8-J Ranch Object to Post

Depends on what your herding? My aunt has a rottie that lost his vision to blasto....she does rotational grazing with her cattle and one of the pastures without too many obstacles is his to push the cows out of.

Josie
 Blue Bunny
Basic User

Basic User
3/1/2007 3:45:11 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Bunny Object to Post

GSD's! all the way! although, corgis are very cute too. i pretty much like all herding dogs except for the old english sheepdog

~Char
 The Corgi Is There
Basic User

Basic User
3/1/2007 3:47:47 PM reply with quote send message to The Corgi Is There Object to Post

PEMBROKE WELSH CORGI!! happy :) wink ;) razz :p!
 Forever And A Day
Basic User

Basic User
3/1/2007 3:53:45 PM reply with quote send message to Forever And A Day Object to Post

Collieshappy :)

--Elisa
 Hooded Dame Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/2/2007 10:49:14 AM reply with quote send message to Hooded Dame Kennels Object to Post

Shelties, yet it does depend on what yout herding and how, BC's will always come second though happy :)
 Show Briards
Basic User

Basic User
12/29/2007 12:39:30 PM reply with quote send message to Show Briards Object to Post

BRIARDS I SWEAR BY EM 2 DA MAX THEY ARE NAUTRUAL BORN SHOWERS MAKE A FORTUNE OFF MINE.LUV EM

PS. HAS ANY ONE GOT A BRIARD CHAMP SO I CAN BREED WITH MY BRI CHAMP BLOOD LINE AVALABLE TO SEE PLEASE E-MAIL ME.
 Umalas Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/29/2007 1:14:41 PM reply with quote send message to Umalas Kennel Object to Post

Without a doubt, Aussie Shepherds
 Larkenloch
Basic User

Basic User
12/30/2007 9:58:35 AM reply with quote send message to Larkenloch Object to Post

Rough Collies!!!!!!
 Dyer Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2008 10:23:27 AM reply with quote send message to Dyer Dogs Object to Post

The Ausome Aussies!!! These dogs can do it all! I have 4 here at home-would have more if I could. I grew up with an OES so I have a soft spot for them.
 Brewer farm
Basic User

Basic User
1/9/2008 4:14:38 PM reply with quote send message to Brewer farm Object to Post

Lol, Border Collies :x

Dianehappy :)
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

Basic User
1/9/2008 4:16:09 PM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post

Alsations all the way!
 kelpie cubs
Basic User

Basic User
1/11/2008 3:51:41 AM reply with quote send message to kelpie cubs Object to Post

live without a kelpie well it wouldn't be live at all

kelpie all the way
 Fools on the Hill
Basic User

Basic User
1/12/2008 8:57:31 PM reply with quote send message to Fools on the Hill Object to Post

Pembroke Welsh Corgi!
 Beautifulbitches
Basic User

Basic User
1/12/2008 9:30:20 PM reply with quote send message to Beautifulbitches Object to Post

Well it depends on what your herding. If your talking about in general a herding dog not used for working a flock and just a "house" dog then Australian Sheps. If your talking about actually USING a dog for herding, then either Aust. Cattle dogs (cows) or Cardigan Welsh Corgis ( for Cattle or sheep). I chose those two since they are still bred and used quite often for their jobs not just "beauty".
Brittany
Beautifulbitches
 dog fancy kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/12/2008 10:27:39 PM reply with quote send message to dog fancy kennels Object to Post

Australian Cattle dogs!
 Wyldriver
Basic User

Basic User
1/16/2008 12:13:29 PM reply with quote send message to Wyldriver Object to Post

GSD's and Border Collies all the way!!!
 Calore
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/26/2008 8:47:03 PM reply with quote send message to Calore Object to Post

Of course the Australian Shepherd! I love my Aussies! BUT I also have AWESOME border collies! On SD I breed Belgian Malinois! I LOVE MY HERDING DOGS!!!
 Equistar
Basic User

Basic User
1/30/2008 3:52:02 PM reply with quote send message to Equistar Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Herding and working dogs are by far my favorite group. I find them the smartest and the most beautiful of all the dogs.
My favorite breed might have to be the Australian Shepherd but I am fond of all the breeds of this group.

Replies in this thread : 25
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.