Search

.com Forum · Off Topic Forum

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : vaccine
 cloverbites
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/14/2021 12:54:27 AM reply with quote send message to cloverbites Object to Post   

since this is an off-topic forum just wanna know what are your thoughts on the vaccine being available today?
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/14/2021 1:48:40 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I've had both mine - 1-Pfizer and 1 Moderna.

No significant issues with either. Sore arm - to be expected. A little weirdness after the second shot but we were told from the start the 2nd would be more troublesome. Nothing really specific and all cleared up a day or two later.

Almost 2 weeks after 2nd and all is well.

Go for it! Protect yourself and everyone else around you - strangers and loved ones!

Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/14/2021 8:59:26 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

Don't know what area of the world you are in.....I had my first AstraZeneca shot in early May, and am due my second one Monday week.
Apart from a very sore arm for a week, and a very mild headache for a week, it went well, and I am looking forward to my second shot.
 cloverbites
Basic User

Basic User
7/20/2021 11:31:19 PM reply with quote send message to cloverbites Object to Post

posted by gaylanstudio
I've had both mine - 1-Pfizer and 1 Moderna.

No significant issues with either. Sore arm - to be expected. A little weirdness after the second shot but we were told from the start the 2nd would be more troublesome. Nothing really specific and all cleared up a day or two later.

Almost 2 weeks after 2nd and all is well.

Go for it! Protect yourself and everyone else around you - strangers and loved ones!

I didn't know that you can take two different shots! I'm actually looking forward to get one when time allows.
 cloverbites
Basic User

Basic User
7/20/2021 11:33:14 PM reply with quote send message to cloverbites Object to Post

posted by Aussiewolfsister
Don't know what area of the world you are in.....I had my first AstraZeneca shot in early May, and am due my second one Monday week.
Apart from a very sore arm for a week, and a very mild headache for a week, it went well, and I am looking forward to my second shot.

Astra is banned in some countries and it is also available in our country. Honestly, I don't know what to think about the astra. I'm scared of having a blood clot
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/24/2021 6:12:19 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

We have a lot of vaccine hesitancy here in Australia.
Here they recommend Astra for those 60 and over, and Pfizer for younger.

But we don't have a lot of Pfizer, and around 40,000 younger people have now made the choice to have Astra rather than wait for the other.
My niece in her 30's has had her first shot of Astra.
 Zoetic
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/2/2021 11:10:59 AM reply with quote send message to Zoetic Object to Post

The vaccine is experimental.

There was no data of systemic short and long-term effects before they started administering it to millions of people.

My tendency is to research and get as much information as possible before making a decision that will and is meant to radically shape the course of my and others' lives.

Until there is exhaustive and accurately reported data, "vaccine hesitancy" is entirely reasonable.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/2/2021 5:17:56 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Well yes, they are new, in some cases even a new technology. and they were developed at a speed previously unheard of. However, given the facts of this pandemic, I think the risk is acceptable.

I respect the choice of others to abstain.

Personally I'm far more afraid of the Known reports of long term issues resulting from infection than the unknown possibility of future issues resulting from vaccination. I am one month past my 2nd dose and feeling absolutely fine.

The big problem I have is with the idiots who refuse to get vaccinated and also refuse to wear a mask and exercise safe distancing!

Then there are the other idiots who try to tell us the whole thing is a hoax! Tell that to the families who have lost loved ones and those afflicted with the various long term issues.

If everyone had adopted the physical protections - masks, distancing, sanitizers - from the start maybe this would not have got so out of hand. Maybe we would not be looking at dealing with the Delta Variant now!

You do NOT have the right to infect others!

To be required to wear a mask, avoid crowds, and keep your distance is NOT an infringement of your personal freedoms!
 Ardeshir
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2021 1:34:04 AM reply with quote send message to Ardeshir Object to Post

Everyone has been infecting each other for thousands of years.
Why is this one different?
There are no "rights" when it comes to contracting illness.
We are each on the earth as equals trying to live.
NO ONE is wishing to preserve a right to hurt others.
Masks and six-feet social distancing do not protect us from below 2.5 particulate matter.
And experimental gene therapy is not a right or a privilege.

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.