Search

.com Forum · American Forum

Replies in this thread : 58
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Hard to Handle
Basic User

Basic User
2/26/2008 8:23:14 PM reply with quote send message to Hard to Handle Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by dogsRcuties
I don't agree. Pitbulls can KILL you!! I heard a guy was killed by 2 pits...
And, I think you're just wanting to start something. * troll *

Alyssa
ETA; ANY dog can kill you.
 dogsRcuties
Basic User

Basic User
2/29/2008 10:52:02 AM reply with quote send message to dogsRcuties Object to Post

Okay. I am tired of any people on here, Premies or Basics, being rude. This is supposed to be fun. If I was the owner of a site, I would want people to respect each other and be nice. I am not starting something. This is kinda like the American Revolution. Soldiers gave up their lives. Now look at America! They would be sad to see this is what they fought for. Same as the owner of this site. He made this site so people could have fun!! And now we're all being mean and the owner could be mad or sad that he even made this site. Just an illustration, and pit bulls are very dangerous, I'd get a pug. Not meaning to insult ): And, did you call me a troll?
 dogsho23
Basic User

Basic User
2/29/2008 11:20:05 AM reply with quote send message to dogsho23 Object to Post

i love! pitbulls i was looking for one i did not find one i am so sad
 Tenrai
Basic User

Basic User
2/29/2008 11:26:41 AM reply with quote send message to Tenrai Object to Post

posted by dogsRcuties
Okay. I am tired of any people on here, Premies or Basics, being rude. This is supposed to be fun. If I was the owner of a site, I would want people to respect each other and be nice. I am not starting something. This is kinda like the American Revolution. Soldiers gave up their lives. Now look at America! They would be sad to see this is what they fought for. Same as the owner of this site. He made this site so people could have fun!! And now we're all being mean and the owner could be mad or sad that he even made this site. Just an illustration, and pit bulls are very dangerous, I'd get a pug. Not meaning to insult ):
You are entitled to your opinion, just as everyone else here as well. But I would have suggested wording it a different way, cause the way it was worded will only start an argument.

I totally agree with the other posters. Pits Bulls are a great breed, but not for everyone. I have always loved them ever since my grandmother "inherited" my uncles when he had to go to jail, but it was not anything related to dog stuff, he got in trouble with his ex wife etc. He rescued the pit from a bad situation.

Tipsy was a red nosed pit, I remember her from the place I grew up in she was the meanest dog in the neighborhood, at first I was terrified of her, not because she was a pit but because I had only known her from the end of a safety chain, in the yard she lived in before my uncle got her.

Anyway a month after my grandmother got her she was a changed dog. She was awesome. They had her for years until she died. She was a great dog and I miss her. She is what changed my whole mind about the bully breeds.

Because she was everything that people fear in pits, then she was saved and became a valued member of the family. I believe she is a true ambassador of the bully breeds.
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
2/29/2008 12:41:06 PM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

posted by dogsRcuties
I don't agree. Pitbulls can KILL you!! I heard a guy was killed by 2 pits...
There are many other breeds of dogs which have killed or serious injured people.

In late 1979 a Dachshund attacked a newborn baby and bit it so badly its legs had to be amputated. The baby died a few days later and the dog was obviously put to sleep.

In late 2000, a Pomeranian killed a 6 week old baby while the infants caregiver went to warm a bottle of milk.

In 2001, an Akita mauls a woman, leaving her needing 42 stitches.

In 2002, I beleive, a Dachshund tore through a babies playpen and mutilated a baby.

In 2002, a Miniature Poodle attacks a 5 year old boy. He's rushed to the ER for stitches, shots, and a consultation with an orthopedic surgeon

In 2003, a Cocker Spaniel attacked a blind man and his seeing eye dog.

In 2005, a Labrador Retriever savages a 3 year old.

In 2006, an Akita attacked and severely injured a child.

In 2006, a Saint Bernard mauled a woman at a childs birthday party and required 14 stitches.

In 2006, a Rottweiler and German Shepherd attacked and killed a 5 year old boy.

In 2008, a German Shepherd attacked a woman and her child.

In 2008, a Border Collie attacks and severly injures a Boxer. (I realize this isnt an attack on a human, but google can only show me so much)

In 2008, a Doberman attacks and kills the families 5 year old son.

And one that made me giggle.. Although still a dog bite.

In 2005 a police officer was attacked by 5 chihuahuas and suffered multiple dog bites, mostly on his ankles. He was treated at the local hospital and returned to work a couple hours later.

I dont know the date, but I remember a story about a 2 year old girl was killed by Great Danes.

I hope this shows you that any dog, regardless of breed or size, can seriously injure a person. Stitches can be removed, scars can heal, but sometimes the most lasting effect of any dog bite can be the emotional trauma thats left with it. Dont label an entire breed as bad just "because they can kill".
 dogsRcuties
Basic User

Basic User
2/29/2008 6:26:14 PM reply with quote send message to dogsRcuties Object to Post

I am not doing that.
 dogsRcuties
Basic User

Basic User
2/29/2008 6:28:18 PM reply with quote send message to dogsRcuties Object to Post

Well, still. My aunt had a pitbull, and she told us to STAY AWAY BECAUSE THEY ARE VERY DANGEROUS. I do not agree, simply.
 seawood
Basic User

Basic User
2/29/2008 7:04:58 PM reply with quote send message to seawood Object to Post

posted by dogsRcuties
Well, still. My aunt had a pitbull, and she told us to STAY AWAY BECAUSE THEY ARE VERY DANGEROUS. I do not agree, simply.
Seriously, saying pitt bulls are killers so you can't have them, is like saying, american people go fishing so we can't touch them, it's being racist to dog breeds. Why did your aunt have one if she thought they were so dangerous? The only reason a dog will kill is if it has been trained to do so. If you posted that comment before, you knew people were going to attack you, so I guess, you wanted to be attacked, well that was your choice. SD is not made for fun always, people can't just go around the forums posting everything they want. If the whole world was fun, we would all be dead by now. The angry face is almost never used, only used by people who are going to get attacked by other users. You have the right to say what you like, but I suggest you READ what you post before you post it, think about if people are going to attack you, and that you can't blame them, because you're what triggered them. There is no point in fighting back at the people that have already attacked you, because you've already lost. I could write a whole novel on all the things I would say to people like you, but, I only have a small posting page to do so. SD doesn't like trolls like you. I advise you keep away from this post.

*stares at post* wow, I can be harsh
 Demented Psyche
Basic User

Basic User
2/29/2008 7:45:28 PM reply with quote send message to Demented Psyche Object to Post

posted by dogsRcuties
As someone who has owned American Pit Bull Terriers in the past and owns a breed clumped into the general term of "pit bull" I can say that they are among the least dangerous dogs to people there are. They were bred to be with people and to love their people. You do run into dog aggression with them but if you are an experienced dog owner it is manageable and usually not a problem. I have said it once and I will say it again, of my two breeds of dogs, my Boxer and my Staffordshire Bull Terrier I would trust my Boxer WAY less that my so called "pit bull". Read their histories and you will see why. Pit Bull breeds were bred to be dog aggressive but be man's right hand man. Boxers were bred to be A (as in single) person's right hand man. They were bred for guard and war duties which means they needed to be wary of strangers. I do not want to call it people aggression (maybe people aggression when the time is right?)
Your aunt obviously knows very little about dogs, Pit Bulls especially. If she knew then she would never say that. I have also heard Pit Bulls can lock their jaws but that does not make it true. And you need to replace "Pit Bulls" with "dogs" when you say they can kill you. Your aunt may very well have had a "pit bull". I've seen dogs labeled as Pit Bulls that are more related to Donkeys than Pits. Heck even my Boxer is accused of being a Pit Bull on occasion.
The only thing that makes dogs mean is man. If you want to fear something, fear your fellow man. We kill more of our own kind that anything. They are what turn dogs into killing machines. They buy these dogs hoping they are mean to people and when they aren't because it is not in their nature, do what they can to turn them mean. Or you get a dog with a bad temperament (which happens in all breeds) and people breed that dog. This is the same as breeding a dog with hip dysplasia. It passes on most of the time. My Staffy Bull I could see turning evil if I really want to. She is very intelligent, very focused, exceedingly tenacious, she never gets tired, she has a huge pain tolerance and for her size is very strong. If I made her sleep outside, or denied her food, drop kicked her, never socialized her and praised bad behavior she could be turned mean. It would not be easy as Grace has an innate sweetness and loves ALL people but it would not be impossible. Personally I am way more wary of other breeds that I will not mention.
If anyone looks at the past evil breeds vary. 1950s GSDs were evil and going to kill all the babies. 60s-70s, Granny was going to be knocked off of her walker and get mauled by Doberman Pinschers. 80s Rottweilers were killing Nuns. 90s-now Rottweilers and Pit Bulls are the focus. I am unsure if it will go away however. With the growth of the internet rumors, stories, chats, MESSAGE BOARD POSTS, emails, etc these breeds are more and more evil. If you read the American Temperament Test Society, Inc.'s website you will see that statistically other breeds have far worse temperaments. Briards, Chow Chows, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, Giant Schnauzers, Old English Sheepdogs, etc have worse temperaments but they are not the epitome of evil. (I know some do not agree with that test, and that is fine but having seen it and researched it I find this to be a very solid test of a canine's temperament).
Bottom line, read before spreading rumors that this breed (or group of breeds) does not need. As it is owners of these Pit Bull type breeds are fighting to prevent their dogs from being taken and killed for nothing more than misunderstandings and bad owners. I would love to see someone try to take Grace from me. She is my heart and I love her more than anything. You think dogs are mean, pfft, that would be Hannibal Lecter stuff there. LOL

~Morgan
 dogsho23
Basic User

Basic User
3/1/2008 6:56:08 PM reply with quote send message to dogsho23 Object to Post

i owned one for 11 years he was a good dog to
 dogsRcuties
Basic User

Basic User
3/1/2008 8:14:11 PM reply with quote send message to dogsRcuties Object to Post

I HATE people quoting me because they don't agree. Please do not do that!!! I want quotes because they like it or agree! PLEASE! Oh, I dont hate the people, I hate the quoting...
 dogsRcuties
Basic User

Basic User
3/1/2008 8:16:40 PM reply with quote send message to dogsRcuties Object to Post

Tenrai, how could I have worded it better?
 dogsRcuties
Basic User

Basic User
3/1/2008 8:24:05 PM reply with quote send message to dogsRcuties Object to Post

posted by seawood
posted by dogsRcuties
Seriously, saying pitt bulls are killers so you can't have them, is like saying, american people go fishing so we can't touch them, it's being racist to dog breeds. Why did your aunt have one if she thought they were so dangerous? The only reason a dog will kill is if it has been trained to do so. If you posted that comment before, you knew people were going to attack you, so I guess, you wanted to be attacked, well that was your choice. SD is not made for fun always, people can't just go around the forums posting everything they want. If the whole world was fun, we would all be dead by now. The angry face is almost never used, only used by people who are going to get attacked by other users. You have the right to say what you like, but I suggest you READ what you post before you post it, think about if people are going to attack you, and that you can't blame them, because you're what triggered them. There is no point in fighting back at the people that have already attacked you, because you've already lost. I could write a whole novel on all the things I would say to people like you, but, I only have a small posting page to do so. SD doesn't like trolls like you. I advise you keep away from this post.

*stares at post* wow, I can be harsh

I AM NOT A TROLL. OK SORRY DONT CALL ME A TROLL. PLEASE! IF YOU KNEW ME 4 REAL, YOUD BE SORRY. IM 8 YEARS OLD, AND MADE FUN OF ENOUGH!! And , my aunt had 1 because in its old home it was beaten and starved and she didnt keep him.
 seawood
Basic User

Basic User
3/1/2008 9:11:51 PM reply with quote send message to seawood Object to Post

I'm at definitely not making fun of you. I see nothing in my post that states I'm making fun of you. Please, I have had way worse experiences believe me... with a last name like mine ^.^
 Demented Psyche
Basic User

Basic User
3/1/2008 9:22:20 PM reply with quote send message to Demented Psyche Object to Post

posted by dogsRcuties
I HATE people quoting me because they don't agree. Please do not do that!!! I want quotes because they like it or agree! PLEASE! Oh, I dont hate the people, I hate the quoting...
If you do not like quotes then do not participate on the forums. If you are only 8 years old, take a lesson now, you almost never hear what you want. Bottom line. This site is made up of mature individuals. This does not mean age. I have met immature 30 year olds and very mature 11 year olds. Bottom line don't post if you do not want to be disagreed with, especially if the topic is one people feel very strongly about.
And seawood is not making fun of you...

~Morgan
 Happy_Hound_Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
3/1/2008 10:45:03 PM reply with quote send message to Happy_Hound_Kennel Object to Post

Guys, this post was started 11 months ago. Can we just drop it, please?
 dogsRcuties
Basic User

Basic User
3/3/2008 12:38:39 PM reply with quote send message to dogsRcuties Object to Post

Happy Hound Kennel! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!
 Demented Psyche
Basic User

Basic User
3/3/2008 2:16:29 PM reply with quote send message to Demented Psyche Object to Post

I originally said that around 10 months ago. wink ;) But when people naysay a breed unfoundly regardless of the threads age people are going to step in.

~Morgan
 Tenrai
Basic User

Basic User
3/3/2008 2:35:24 PM reply with quote send message to Tenrai Object to Post

posted by dogsRcuties
Tenrai, how could I have worded it better?
Tt is ok if you do not like pitbulls, it is your personal preference. Personally I would have worded it more like this:

"Because of my own personal experience with this breed, it is not a breed I feel comfortable with or that Iscan trust. Just my opinion."

Something to that effect would not have had such a dramatic effect. You still get your opinion across but you are not stepping on anyone else's toes either.

Just a suggestion.
 dogsRcuties
Basic User

Basic User
3/4/2008 11:42:32 AM reply with quote send message to dogsRcuties Object to Post

OK Terai, I will fix it.
I am not comfortable w/ pits, and I bet the CAN be sweet but i am afraid of them.

Replies in this thread : 58
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.