Search

.com Forum · American Forum

Replies in this thread : 58
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

dogsRcuties
Basic User

Basic User
3/4/2008 11:44:39 AM reply with quote send message to dogsRcuties Object to Post

posted by seawood
I'm at definitely not making fun of you. I see nothing in my post that states I'm making fun of you. Please, I have had way worse experiences believe me... with a last name like mine ^.^
Oh, you said I was a troll. You said showdog doesnt like me. SO i should quit if Im causing trouble.
 seawood
Basic User

Basic User
3/4/2008 6:35:10 PM reply with quote send message to seawood Object to Post

posted by dogsRcuties
posted by seawood
I'm at definitely not making fun of you. I see nothing in my post that states I'm making fun of you. Please, I have had way worse experiences believe me... with a last name like mine ^.^
Oh, you said I was a troll. You said showdog doesnt like me. SO i should quit if Im causing trouble.

I didn't say SD doesn't specifically not like you, we don't like it when people act like you did. Don't quit, if you altered a few of your posts....
 dogsRcuties
Basic User

Basic User
3/20/2008 2:36:38 PM reply with quote send message to dogsRcuties Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Ok what about the troll problem. Im not like that so...shocked 8O
 dogsRcuties
Basic User

Basic User
3/20/2008 2:40:44 PM reply with quote send message to dogsRcuties Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

user wiped their message
 Deep Water Wheatens
Basic User

Basic User
3/20/2008 4:47:48 PM reply with quote send message to Deep Water Wheatens Object to Post

posted by dogsRcuties
seawood what's your last name? I PROOOOOOOMISE I will NOT make fun of you I don't have the heart to do that. If ur not allowed, post that ur not allowed 2. laugh :D
Never ask anyone for any kind of identifying information on the internet. Never give it out, either. Asking someone for her last name is extremely rude. If you're "not allowed to," it's probably because your parents understand the danger better than you.
 dogsRcuties
Basic User

Basic User
3/21/2008 1:33:21 PM reply with quote send message to dogsRcuties Object to Post

Sobs feels like accused!
 .Envoy.
Basic User

Basic User
3/23/2008 3:50:38 PM reply with quote send message to .Envoy. Object to Post

posted by Corrado
Wow, who cares. So what if they bumped up an old post? Why is everything such a big deal to some people? Find something better to do than to "tell off" another player for something so insignificant.

C

i agree - a lot of people get mad b/c someone bumps up old posts - what if there's something interesting?
 Short dog
Basic User

Basic User
3/23/2008 3:52:14 PM reply with quote send message to Short dog Object to Post

posted by Envoy Bull Terriers
posted by Corrado
Wow, who cares. So what if they bumped up an old post? Why is everything such a big deal to some people? Find something better to do than to "tell off" another player for something so insignificant.

C

i agree - a lot of people get mad b/c someone bumps up old posts - what if there's something interesting?

If it is that interesting, start a new thread. It's not that hard. The reason you should not bump old posts is because if someone has posted on it it shows up under My Posts. If I have nothing more to say about my previous post and I am no longer interested in that topic, it is just annoying. Like some of the people in this post seem to be.
 dogsRcuties
Basic User

Basic User
3/24/2008 11:51:02 AM reply with quote send message to dogsRcuties Object to Post

I am sorry for my judging and asking.
 puppyprincess0397
Basic User

Basic User
3/26/2008 7:07:11 PM reply with quote send message to puppyprincess0397 Object to Post

posted by Running Free Kennel
Well if you are wanting to buy one in RL do your research.If you want them on SD that will never happen.They are not ACK registererd.If you are talking about the ban on them i agree with you.

Courtney

They actually are!They are registered as American Staffordshire Terriers.(this goes to prove that I have WAY to much time for dog research)
 Evil Intentions
Basic User

Basic User
3/26/2008 9:16:27 PM reply with quote send message to Evil Intentions Object to Post

They can be but true APBTs and AmStaffs are different.

~Morgan
 BrokenLineLovers
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2008 8:50:59 PM reply with quote send message to BrokenLineLovers Object to Post

They actually are!They are registered as American Staffordshire Terriers.(this goes to prove that I have WAY to much time for dog research)
They can be registered as such, but the actual APBT and Amstaff are two seperate dogs. You can find a 'pet' bull who can pass as an Amstaff, but the true, gamebred APBT is far different from the Amstaff.
 Springbok
Basic User

Basic User
4/4/2008 1:16:57 AM reply with quote send message to Springbok Object to Post

posted by dogsRcuties
I don't agree. Pitbulls can KILL you!! I heard a guy was killed by 2 pits...
FYI Pomeranians have killed humans. It is all about how they're raised and who owns them.

Most toy dogs in pet homes aren't socialize worth a darn and are downright dangerous.

I have owned and occasionally showed American Staffordshire Terriers (the AKC version of Pit Bulls) for nearly 30 years. They are certainly not for every owner, and I would NEVER place a dog with an inexperience owner.

It is due to irresponsible breeding and irresponsible owners that the breed has a bad reputation. Add to that the fact that very few people can identify a pit-bull or cross, so every muscled dog with a squarish head is called a "pit bull" or pit-bull cross.

The dogs I've had love humans beyond reason. They will lay down their lives to protect me or my family, especially the children.

As I said before, anyone who would want a dog from me is screened thoroughly. I would never place a dog in a home where it is seen primarily as protection, or where it would not receive good training and socialization.
 Springbok
Basic User

Basic User
4/4/2008 1:21:13 AM reply with quote send message to Springbok Object to Post

posted by dogsRcuties
I HATE people quoting me because they don't agree. Please do not do that!!! I want quotes because they like it or agree! PLEASE! Oh, I dont hate the people, I hate the quoting...
If you don't like yourself being quoted, don't post. All we're doing is showing that we've read your post, and are specifically replying to it.

We all would like if we only received positive responses from our comments, but that doesn't happen in the real world, and won't happen here. We are all allowed to have our own opinions. If you want the right to post yours, you will have to accept that others will have their own. If you can't accept that, then wait until you're grown up enough so you can. wink :)
 Springbok
Basic User

Basic User
4/4/2008 1:22:20 AM reply with quote send message to Springbok Object to Post

posted by dogsRcuties
OK Terai, I will fix it.
I am not comfortable w/ pits, and I bet the CAN be sweet but i am afraid of them.

I wish you could see mine. He's dangerous if you're allergic to saliva but otherwise a pussy cat.
 Springbok
Basic User

Basic User
4/4/2008 1:29:06 AM reply with quote send message to Springbok Object to Post

posted by BrokenLineLovers
They can be registered as such, but the actual APBT and Amstaff are two seperate dogs. You can find a 'pet' bull who can pass as an Amstaff, but the true, gamebred APBT is far different from the Amstaff.

If you are seriously talking about "gamebred" APBT, we might have a problem here. "Gamebred" usually refers to fighting dogs, and anyone who advocates doing that with dogs deserves to be in jail, as it is illegal in all 50 states now.

AmStaffs have all the physical characteristics of the original pit bulls, but for the past 70+ years since they were admitted to the AKC (and had to change their name FROM American Pit Bull Terrier to be admitted), breeders have eliminated a good deal of the dog-aggression.

Advocating "gamebred" is chilling to those of us who love our dogs as pets and show dogs, not as blood-sport participants or accessories of the drug culture.
 Demented Psyche
Basic User

Basic User
4/4/2008 8:33:07 AM reply with quote send message to Demented Psyche Object to Post

I completely agree with what Springbok said.

~Morgan
 BrokenLineLovers
Basic User

Basic User
4/4/2008 4:03:58 PM reply with quote send message to BrokenLineLovers Object to Post

In the APBT world, gamebred does not soley refer to a fighting dog. Gameness is a terrier term, not reserved for APBTs. It's an animals heart and drive. And for fighters, yes, it means determination in the ring.
But it also means hunting drive, pulling drive, and working drive. It's a willingness to keep at something despite pain or discomfort, and is indeed used for working terriers. I don't support dogfighting in any way, but I support what makes my dogs what they are, that working drive that defines the APBT.

Replies in this thread : 58
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.