Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : A Little Kennel Cleaning
 BarStar
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
11/8/2021 3:06:30 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post   

I am releasing a bunch of fully sessioned animals. Most 100 each with no approval.

Focusing on my dals and tinkering with a poodle show prospect for now. The rest are available, one cocker is waiting to hear back from the breeder. Feel to make an offer on her, if the breeder passes, I will accept first received.

Will
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/8/2021 12:23:23 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Could you come clean out my kennels for me? I don't seem to be able to.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/8/2021 12:53:50 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I have the same problem.

My solution so far - start a new one to take the excess!

Works for a while. Now too many dogs in too many kennels!
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/8/2021 1:08:29 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

I’ve done it for folks before but I am brutal making cuts lol
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/8/2021 3:56:38 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I'd hire you but I can't be that brutal! I'd regret every single one!

I came close once to actually breeding. It's probably best that I didn't. Lol!
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/8/2021 4:26:14 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

I mean, I can't get rid of THIS one because of the name, and I can't get rid of THAT one because of the color and I can't get rid of THE OTHER one because of... ad infinitum.
 Fingerprint
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/8/2021 4:27:07 PM reply with quote send message to Fingerprint Object to Post

If I do it when I have a really bad headache or I'm really stressed, I can be more brutal. Usually I retire them then let them hang out for a few days then outta here.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/9/2021 10:56:17 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Tarot:
You pretty much "hit the nail on the head", so the saying goes.

Eventually, desperation forces drastic action and I start culling. I usually get it down to 40 or so then lose momentum. "I'll get the rest of them tomorrow", I tell myself.

When "tomorrow" comes, it's usually back up to 60 or more because of all those youngsters becoming teenagers.

When I finally cross the 30-count line, I breed like crazy, then can't let the babies go, because, because. I still can't cull the oldsters because they've been there for so long and they still have that 10.0 somewhere that I need.

And then the "babies" are teenies and I'm back where I was before. Lol! Never ends!
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/10/2021 7:06:52 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

And every time one of my kennels get low, I think "It's staying like this!" But...

And I tell myself I'm only going to show 1 bitch and 1 dog in each breed at a time, but now I'm showing 3 dogs and 4 bitches in Newfies...

And I keep sessioning more babies.

Someone slap some sense into me please.

They. Are. Not. Real.

Their feelings won't get hurt if you send them off to a loving pet home. Really.
 chocolateteapot
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/11/2021 8:54:28 AM reply with quote send message to chocolateteapot Object to Post

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I can't bear to get rid of puppies and I'm pretending the non show quality ones were bred for obedience!Then I can't part with the oldies ever, especially if they are ones I bred, but I won't let them die, so have to watch carefully as they age and then miraculously a wonderful forever home turns up just at the last minute so they don't die!
Strangely in real life I also kept far too many puppies and never parted with an adult!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/11/2021 7:49:51 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Chocolate - we are who we are - lol.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/29/2021 4:56:42 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Monthly kennel clean up has begun! Come by and get some fun things to show.

Things will come and go as I wait for my Dalmatians to get ready to start showing again.

You never know what you will see for sale.

Will

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.